Chapter 116

Camila's POV

"Dear Diary... or rather say, dear Lauren,

Now it's exactly 00:03, officially the worst and most painful day I spent in Miami ended. Things don't happen to be in an easy way around here, we are all very upset. Today was only the first of many days in which I feelt your absence, it is as if there was a void in all the places I see, something is missing. You miss.

I know you don't want to see me sad, however today that was inevitable.
I'm sorry (?)

The only thing that comforts me to know that you are far away is that you will return free of that flaw and finally you can start a new life again.

As John Lennon said: “patience and perseverance have the magical effect of making difficulties and obstacles disappear.”

So dom't forget that even if it takes a little while, things will end up working out.
I hope they are taking care of you.

I love you.

Camila."

I closed the notebook that I am using to write what Lauren asked me, and put it on the side of the bed. Of her bed. I couldn't sleep tonight in another place that wasn't here, although wherever I see my stomach twists, making me have the impulse to want to run out and throw myself in her arms,
I need to endure, by Lauren...

So I decided to sleep with her perfume, in a frustrated attempt to calm the pain.

Lauren's POV

I stood on some steps that were on the side of the windows, in the white room with the smell of a hospital, I saw the moon in the distance, small, shining, free.

When I arrived at this place I was sure that I wouldn't be able to stand a long time without first going crazy. I saw my arm and moved the bracelet that Camila tied earlier, for the first time in a long time
I knew what it was to miss someone.

Bianca, my nurse, came in to see what she was doing. She didn't take long, always respecting me.

I am constantly being watched, simply isolated from everything and everyone, we who are here, we look like the miserable of society, which is a pity.

I sat down and saw my suitcase still intact, I sighed and opened it taking out the two frames I had brought, one with a picture of my family and the other with one of Camila. I put both on the side of the bed, on the shelf. At the same moment the door opened and Bianca went back inside.

“Dear, are you feeling okay?” she asked,
I nodded. “Aren't you hungry? I found out you didn't want to eat” she said and I newly denied.

“Lauren, right?” she asked and I nodded again “the medicines are strong, you can not take them on an empty stomach, you need to eat something...”

“I'm not hungry.” I answered, without looking at her.

I am ashamed to be here, ashamed to know that she knows what I did to be in this place.

One week was completed and I already felt weak. I ran my finger over my arm, over the marks left by the injected needles, the medications have been strong enough, to prevent me from thinking about drugs, however it is difficult not to do so in a place as depressing as this one.

Every time my body begins to show signs that it is about to go crazy, with trembling and sweating on the hands, they increase my dose. I stayed in the room, even though they tried to force me to go to the garden to breathe fresh air.