Not my future

Peridot POV

Here we are, yet again another u-haul, making it's way down the interstate, the city no longer in sight. I, glancing out the window, head resting against my arm as the scenery passed by. My headphones on, listening to music, so was Malachite as my parents chattered away excitedly in the front. I can only make out the movements of their lips, so I started to improv in my head about their conversation, it was pretty funny. I had no wifi reception, thank the stars for offline listening because I had a list of my favorite songs downloaded, this car ride was long dragged out and super boring.. But if I DID have wifi reception, I would totally be watching Camp Pining Clods for like the 5th time, mostly season 5 even though I think it's complete trash, BUT subtext definitely hints Percy and Pierre were totally the superior couple but no Paulette had to interfere. what can I say, I can't help my weeb tendencies.

Time skip

"We are almost there !" As ringing went shooting through both my ears when she removed one of my earphones, Malachite smirking devilishly because my reaction was that of a startled cat when their tail fluffs out from fright. "Malachite..." I said through gritted teeth, shortly after, we finally pull into a driveway, as usual it was a fancy looking house. Putting the car in park then cutting off the ignition, we exit the car and I stretch out, making an over exaggerated grunt. My nostrils were instantly filled with the salty breeze of the airy beach scent. after some hours of moving all our stuff, mostly some of our stuff, the rest would be sent later on because we too much stuff. I finally make it to what would be my room, a bit 'much' and grandeur for my taste but it did have a balcony which I could get a great view of beach city shores, we also had an indoor pool, which is convenient when it's too cold outside to swim, so there were a few perks I could get out of this place, I actually discovered this secret loft, where I know for sure I could secretly work on my robonoids in comfort and privacy,  "Isn't this place great Peri!" Malachite popping into sudden existence an interrupting my thoughts, she spun around in her frilly dress giggling, I just smile, I'm just glad to see her laughing again, she was pretty upset about the sudden move, I could care less. I thought it was a complete drag. I begin to unpack, Malachite offered to help me then after hours of unpacking an helping unpack some of Malachites, I took her out for ice cream, again not as if our parents noticed because as soon as we got here and we were half finished unpacking they were typing away at their computers again, ear pieces in, working..like usual.

Time skip

Malachite fell asleep on the living room couch, exhausted from the day an so was I. I picked her up an carried her to her room, tucking her into her bed then proceeded to mine. Soon as I entered I kicked off my shoes, stretching then I plopped right onto my bed, burying my face into the soft cleaned sheets "Finally...." I groan the soreness of my feet starting to kick in, I ignored it. The soft breeze creeping through the balcony door I left slightly cracked started to soothe me to sleep as soon as I felt my eyelids grow heavier by the minute "Peridot" I hear my father voice an my eyes immediately shot open, I growl lowly and irritated. He throws something at my head "what the crap-" tiredness in my voice "it's time to start taking your future seriously, your 19 years old, your father an I  were researching into colleges earlier while you were out" Leon stood over me, I finally awoken completely with disinterest written on my face, "we just got here! an you two are already on me like flies on a turd" I flail my arms up "We are only looking out for you Peridot and your future as your father's we want what is best for you, so we found a few good colleges with outstanding law programs an scholarships" he stated firmly not breaking eye contact his hands folded behind his back in his usual "lawyer posture" "what's best for me? How do YOU know what is best for me, I'm 19 years old, can't I decide what's best for me!" I argued. He just cackled "silly child, long as your under our house, your under our rules, how can you know what's best for you, tinkering around with those little orbs that shoots goo, someone has to take over the family business, Malachite is way too young" I growled , why did my father have to marry this jerk, he's so easily manipulated, ever since they gotten together he's- , I bit my tongue, as my lower lip began to quiver "Why won't you just leave our lives Leon-" I mutter lowly "come again?"  "Malachite never wanted to do theater, and I don't want to do stupid Law! Ever since you've gotten all you do is work and work, not once have we went out on a picnic together or a fair or even seen a movie ever since you came into our lives you just worked out well minded father to death!"  I yelled holding my ground, Smack. He frowns at me with disapproval, I grab my cheek, looking down at my feet "hit me again you abusive ass and I swear I'll tell MY father, I'm old enough now so I know he'll listen! " caressing his hand that he slapped me with "Insolence child, who do you think he will believe, me or a rebellious heathen, I'm not sure why he adopted you but you WILL not bring dishonor to this family enough that you already have. You will go to law school an you will carry on the family business, do I make myself clear, forget about that silly engineering dream" an with that lecture he leaves. I look down at my bed with different brochures of colleges scattered about.

Malachite POV

After, peridot took me out for ice cream then we went to the park, I shortly fell asleep after on the couch after a long exhausting day, I woke up from my short nap, I just couldn't sleep, honestly I was always so used to sleeping by my big sisters side an really it's because I didn't wanna be left alone, not with him around when she was gone, if I didn't do anything right during study hour with Leon he would- I shutter fighting the images. I crawl out of my bed an make my way down the hall to peridots room, As I get halfway there, I see our father Leon enter, I make my way up to the door and stand to the side peeping through the crack of the door, I see them talking, then it looks like they start to argue, that's when I see Leon slap her, leaving another mark, as usual. Little did they know, I had my phone out the entire time recording. It's time to put an end to this you bastard.