Yawn

Vincent's POV

"Why was his gift so big?" I ask from on top of the bed. I lay on my stomach with my head and arm hanging over the edge, watching Wendy neatly fold our clothes into the suitcase. 

"Why shouldn't it be?" she asks back, closing the top flap of the suitcase after placing the last article of clothes. 

"It shouldn't be bigger than mine."

"Bigger doesn't mean better," Wendy counters. 

"I'm living proof that bigger is better," I smirk. 

"What's big about you?"

"Well...my...never mind," I dismiss the dirty idea in my head for Wendy's sake. 

"Well, I can assure you, your gift is better," Wendy smiles.

"Fine. Tell me what you got Grayson so I'll know later if you lied."

"A shoulder massager. He's probably sore from all of his action scenes and workouts."

"I get it. He's famous. He works out. He's great," I groan, rolling over onto my back. 

"Why would you ask if you're only going to get upset?" Wendy sighs. "Plus, I just said your gift is better."

"We'll see," I reply with little enthusiasm on purpose. 

"You'll love it. I just know it," Wendy reassures me. She places a quick peck on my lips while I'm staring up at the ceiling before getting up and leaving the room with Grayson's present. 

If only she knew what I really want... 

I want a whole day with just her. Just us two and no one else. Not with our friends. Not with our family. 

It seems the days of going on dates are behind us now. We didn't see each other often for the six years I was in college except for our reunion with friends on breaks. However, we were slightly awkward with each other and always had our friends with us. Even now, when we do hang out, it's always with our friends. Other times, it would be dinners with our families. Apart from these occasional breaks, Wendy and I would always be working, cooking, washing, cleaning, and the other boring things involved with being an adult. The only alone time we have together is bedtime, which is when we pass out from exhaustion. 

And thanks to Grayson, I'm spending my precious vacation days from work third-wheeling him and Wendy. Today's already Christmas Eve, so I'm dreading the prospects of tomorrow being just as awful.

After a while, Wendy comes back upstairs and grins at me. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, still sprawled across the bed. 

"Are you still sulking?" Wendy laughs and sits down on the edge of her bed, her hand resting on my stomach. 

I move her hand off. "You can touch my stomach after I get my abs back," I frown, embarrassed by my soft belly. 

"What's wrong with a squishy belly? I have one too." She lifts her shirt to reveal her belly and pinches the skin together to form a mouth with her belly button. I'm flustered by her sudden show of skin, so I pull her shirt back down. 

"You used to love tracing my abs in your sleep," I remind her. 

"W-w-what? N-n-no!" Wendy denies. "Anyways," she lays down and rests her head on my stomach, "this is a comfortable pillow. I like it."

Why is she so adorable? I could just die happy right now. 

"Vincent?"

"Hmm?"