fifty two

There were only ten minutes left until the next period. We were thirsty so, we went to the cafeteria to buy drinks.

I sat for a moment, waited for Yeonjun and Beomgyu who bought mineral water. Unlike them, I got myself cola from the vending machine.

After a few minutes, they went towards where I'm seated.

"I thought you bought a mineral water." I said, glancing at Yeonjun.

"Well, I changed my mind." He replied.

"What's the reason?" I asked and started drinking my cola.

"I want to have the same drink as yours."

"W-what?" I trailed off. "Why?"

Yeonjun was about to answer but I choked on my drink when I saw Beomgyu's face. He was literally frowning at me. Did I do something wrong?

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun asked.

"Yes, I'm okay." I sighed.

"You should've been careful. It becomes uncomfortable when your uniform gets wet." Yeonjun said. "But I'm not surprised. Beomgyu, do you know what? She's really clumsy."

"Yeonjun," Beomgyu began out of nowhere. "Do you like Nami?"

There was a moment of silence because of it.

Choi Beomgyu, what are you thinking?? This is getting awkward...

Yeonjun laughed before saying anything. "Isn't it obvious?"

Beomgyu didn't know what to say. I was surprised, too. What was that supposed to mean?

"You two... what's with that expression?" He said, confused.

"I like Nami." Beomgyu said.

It made me heat up. How could he say that so boldly?

Yeonjun's eyes widened. "Really?" He then turned to me. "Is it your first time hearing it or you already knew?"

"I already--"

"And she likes me, too." Beomgyu interrupted.

For the second time, Yeonjun was surprised again.

I glared at Beomgyu. What's with him today?

"So... are you guys officially dating?" He was dazed.

"About that, uhh... it hasn't been long, but yeah," I muttered.

"Woah," Yeonjun placed his hand on his mouth. "All this time, I didn't even had a clue."

"Are you not... mad?" Beomgyu asked.

"Why would I? At first, I didn't know how to react. But since you two are my friends, I'll be happy for you both!" He gave a sincere smile and patted our shoulders.

"Wait, I thought you like Nami."

"Of course, I like Nami since she's my friend. But it's nothing more than that." He said.

"Really?" Beomgyu asked. It seemed like he wasn't satisified with Yeonjun's reply.

"I promise! It's really not like that. I think there was a misunderstanding here."

"Hmm, then why did you ask Nami to accompany you to the mall that day?" Beomgyu asked--or should I say that he was interrogating?

"I just wanted her help since I'm planning to bring someone I like there." He clarified. "And hey, didn't I already tell you about my crush?"

"Huh? When?" I raised my brow. I tried to remember that time.

"By the way, can you describe your crush more specifically?" I asked.

"She has a fair skin, a small face and a long hair." He replied.

"Oh, that..." I gave a sheepishly smile. "Eyy, why don't you just tell me her name so I'll not get confused?"

"Chaeyoung,"

"Chaeyoung? You mean our classmate last year who is now in the other section?"

He nodded.

Omg? He was quiet around her and I thought they were just not close.

"Did you already confess to her?" Beomgyu asked.

"No, not yet. I'm planning to confess later."

"We'll help you, then!" Beomgyu suggested.