Chapter Two

Picture of Nick Bateman as Tyler to the side.

-Unedited

Carter Kelly's P.O.V

I find myself waking up on a stiff bed with a thin but warm blanket covering me. An annoying beeping sound and constant whispering preventing me from going back to dream land. A large hand is gripping my own tightly, sending small tingles up and down my arm. I flutter my eyes open, my vision blurry at first but it soon goes back to normal.

"Carter!"Hudson gasps as she jumps out of the chair she was sitting in and stands up so she's right next to me. "Thank God, you're awake!"

"What happened?"I furrow my eye brows, trying to remember what I had done before I fell asleep.

"How are you feeling?"A deep voice says from the other side of me. I turn their direction and my gaze is directed towards a pair of beautiful green eyes. That's when it all comes back to me.

I almost killed myself.

I jerk my hand out of Tyler's grasp and scoot over toward my sister. I wince when I sit up too quickly, causing a my head to pound.

"Careful, sweetheart."Tyler sucks in a breath, reaching out to me but I move closer to my sister. Hudson puts an arm around me and hugs me close to her.

"We thought we lost you."Hudson whispers to me before tears start to run down her cheeks.

"I'm right here."I try to comfort my sister by rubbing her back like she does for me when I break down like this.

"If only I hadn't forced you to come with-"

"It's not you're fault, Hudson."I tell her. "It's not you're fault at all. It's no ones fault but mine."

We held each other like this until the door opened.

"Luna, you're awake."An unfamiliar doctor notes as he walks into the hospital room. "How are you feeling? You should lay down."

I give him a small nod before laying back down and readjusting my blanket, it was now that I noticed what I am wearing. It was a red and black flannel that was huge on me, the sleeves were extremely long and it went down to my mid thigh. As for pants, a pair of Calvin Klein boxers. I'm in his clothes. Ew.

"I'm Doctor Mason."He says. "We stitched up your arms and thighs, they should be completely healed in a few weeks. We got most the medication out of your system, too."

"Thank you."I say quietly, very quietly.

"You're lucky, you know? Alpha Evans sensed that something was wrong almost immediately. If he got there too late, you wouldn't be alive."Dr. Mason says somewhat harshly.

"I know."I nod slowly, biting my lip to prevent tears to spill from my eyes. A small growl echoes throughout the room and my attention focuses on Tyler.

"Don't talk to her that way."Tyler growls. "If you have anything else to say, say it quickly and leave. You're not helping much."

"Yes Alpha."Dr. Mason clenches his jaw, slightly annoyed. "That's everything."

"Then you're dismissed."Tyler waves his hand, motioning for him to leave the room again. Dr. Mason walks out of the room, looking a bit angry.

"Alpha?"Hudson's voice says after a few awkward moments after the door closed. "Would you mind if I went to go cook something for Carter? Would you look after her while I'm gone?"

"That's my job, Hudson. She's my responsibility and I will take care of her."Tyler answers. "You don't ask me to look after her when that's something I intend on doing my entire life."