16. Heroes?

Under the time it took for a pot of water to boil, the heroes in black clothing finished off their opponents one by one.

"Ah'Heng, you're still wounded. What do you want to stand up for?!" A chastising voice was heard in the clearing.

"Rong'er, they're our saviors. We must properly thank them." Xia Yu Heng personally witnessed how great their skills were so he needed to make sure that they didn't have bad intentions for saving them.

"These seniors," Prince Chang properly cupped his fist to his other palm. "This one is surnamed Xia, named Yu Heng. I would like to show my gratitude to these seniors but as it is, our group is still devastated after the incident. May I know how can this one return the huge favor?"

Eloquence, manners and humility. Xia Yu Heng was the embodiment of those words. He didn't use his prince title to introduce himself and instead used his forbidden name. It was the appropriate attitude to show someone who saved your life.

Indeed, he was worthy of being the male lead. Who could hate such a person?

But the leader of the men donning black robes and mask did the most unthinkable thing.

He laughed like this: "Kekekeke~"

Then, he signaled to someone behind his back. That person, if one looked more closely, one would see that she was a female but from afar, these people all looked the same.

The female also cupped her hand back to Xia Yu Heng and unceremoniously tore his robes.

"Ah!" Bai Chen Rong, out of instinct, made a sound of resistance. Who would want their man be stripped by another person in front of them?

But she soon knew the reason. Seeing the black-clothed woman take out what looked to be medicine from her robes, she immediately ordered.

"Quick, take some blankets and help wang ye lie down. And fetch all the remaining water we have and boil it!" Chen Rong, after all wasn't an illogical jealous woman.

She knew her husband needed medical attention. The surviving mobile guards and Red Panthers immediately followed orders.

Xia Yu Heng was made to lie down and did so without complaints.

The wound was a stab but it grazed the sides of his waist, not too deep but not shallow either. It bled profusely but no internal organs were affected.

The woman cleaned the wound with clean cloth damped with wine. Xia Yu Heng merely hissed through the sting, his face paling. After disinfecting the wound, the masked woman stitched it with the needle she put on the boiling water earlier and then put poultice. Lastly, the wound was wrapped with gauze.

"It's best if his Highness immediately seek another doctor upon arrival." The female doctor knew her place well. She was a stranger even though she was a doctor so she didn't boss around and gave a prescription. Giving one was useless because Xia Yu Heng would probably let another doctor check it first before actually taking it. So why not push all the work to that doctor?

The masked man who laughed earlier in an unsettling manner, seeing that the treatment was over, came up again.

"This one and my comrades will accompany wang ye and wangfei the rest of your journey. Hoping his Highness won't mind." It was more of a statement than asking for permission.

Xia Yu Heng had no choice but to nod. Even though these people were unfamiliar, they did help after all and it wasn't good to push one's benefactors away.

The husband and wife boarded the carriage they brought and the travel to the supposedly vacation place was fraught with silence.

Six imperial guards and four Red Panthers died that day. Temporary tombs were dug by the surviving soldiers and the servants who only had minor injuries. The specialized soldiers earlier only focused on killing Xia Yu Heng and Bai Chen Rong so the eunuchs and maidservants had the chance to run for their lives.