chapter 12:

Song: Viva la Vida- Coldplay

Chapter 12:

I had to admit that today really had its toll on me and I was exhausted.

The unofficial meeting with my new Alpha ended sometime after the discussion about the transition ceremony. It was decided that it would take place in two days. Carly and I would be introduced to the pack officially as Luna and Beta female.

As a guard escorted all of us to our rooms I wished everyone goodnight and followed my mate silently since I had no idea where we were supposed to go. This castle was like a maze.

Alvaro stopped abruptly in front of a beautiful wooden door with delicate flowers carved on it. "This is where you will be staying for now. If you need anything, my room is right across from yours" he said surprising me

"Oh... Ok. Have a good night" I answer nonchalantly and move to open the door to my supposed room

Alvaro touches my wrist gently to stop me "Is something wrong?" he asks concerned

For a minute I think about lying to him but then decide against it. I take a much needed deep breath before admitting shyly "I just thought... that now that we are here...t-that we would be you know... more like a real couple"

Alvaro looks even more confused by my answer and I curse myself for bringing this up "Álvaro... I thought that you and I would be staying in the same room. Just like Mateo and Carly. I just thought..." I stop myself from saying anything more and huff in shame, feeling completely stupid for mentioning this. Why couldn't I have just said good night and left?

Alvaro's eyes widen at my confession and he comes closer to me, keeping my hand in his. He seems to be thinking about what words to choose next when he says softly "I would obviously love to stay in the same room as you, Dawn. There shouldn't be a doubt about it. It's just that I haven't officially introduced you to the pack yet and it would be considered improper for us to sleep in the same room... on the same bed..." he explains to me and once again I am embarrassed for what I suggested. I should have figured this out since I knew things work a bit differently around here.

"I 100% get it. You shouldn't have to explain this to me. I am gonna get some sleep now. I obviously need it." I try to joke to lighten up the mood but Alvaro sees right through me

He comes impossibly close to me, putting his hand on my waist and pushing me forward towards his body. My hand automatically ends up on his chest and he forces my gaze on his"It is going to be very hard for me to fall asleep knowing you are just a door away." He states slowly, pronouncing hoarsely every word and a beam makes its way on my face

"Same" I answer him breathlessly and before he can react, I kiss him tenderly on the lips and get inside my own room shutting the door softly. I giggle lowly to myself and find my suitcase in order to change into my pjs.

I look around the room and notice that the walls and furniture are a warm beige color. There is a big bed in the center of the room that looks extremely comfortable and a TV right across from it. A huge closet and a small desk are also placed in this cute chamber.

I robotically grab everything that I need and head into to the bathroom. I shower for 30 minutes straight, needing to relax after this draining day.

When I am done blow-drying my hair, I fall on the soft pillows feeling completely beat. I get under the covers and fall asleep almost immediately.

What seems like a few minutes later, I try to switch the side I was sleeping on but I find myself unable to move. My eyes open slowly not comprehending what is going on. A hand is wrapped safely around my waist and even breaths can be heard from right by my side.

"Shh... go back to sleep" Alvaro says in that gruff sleepy voice, his breath tingling my neck as he pulls me even closer to him and I gasp lowly.

"But-t... wait... what?" I try to ask but it sounds like a plea

"I couldn't sleep." is his only explanation and I just stay there unmoving, shocked but also pleased. I try to relax and snuggle closer to his warm body, putting my hand over his on my stomach.

"Isn't this inappropriate?"  I ask him quietly not really willing to let go of him

"It doesn't matter. I just wanna be with you." is his simple response and I choose not to press the matter further since I was more than happy to have Alvaro right next to me.

It would be fair to say that I slept peacefully the entire night.

When I woke up the next morning Alvaro was long gone. The sheets were cold but his scent was still all over the place. I figured that now that he was back, he had to attend to his Beta duties straightaway.

I got up, found some blue jeans and a cute grey T-shirt to wear and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and make myself look presentable for the day. Just as I was finished, someone knocked on my door and I swiftly moved to answer it.

"Good morning, Mrs. Dawn. I am Tilda, the main maid around the castle" a woman around her forties greeted me with a huge smile

"Good morning. Very nice to meet you. Please, just call me Dawn -Its fine."

"Of course, Dawn. Mrs. Carly asked me to summon you to an early breakfast. The ladies are all gathered in the kitchen, planning the transition ceremony. Would you like to join them?" Tilda asked me politely

"Yes, definitely. Could you please show me the way?" I ask her

She nods "It will be my pleasure. Vamos!" She answers me cheerfully and I can't help but smile widely

Tilda makes me follow her for a few minutes before I notice an open kitchen right in front of me, filled with women of all ages that seem to be having light conversation amongst giggling and eating some delicious food.

Tilda tilts her head to the side motioning for me to get inside and I hesitate just for a second before stepping closer.

"Dawn hey! Come here, sit with us" Carly squeals and pats the empty sit next to her 

"Good morning everyone" I say kindly and I get a bunch of Buenos Dias in return.

I quickly make my way to Carly and sit next to her.

"Did you sleep well, querida?"(my dear) Fiorella, Alvaro's mothers asks me and I thank god for managing to keep a straight face remembering how good it felt to have my mate by my side for the entire night

"Pretty well, I was so tired. You should have woken me up sooner. I had no idea you where or all gathered here." I replied softly

"By the way this is Luna Romina, Mateo's mother. You did not get the chance to meet her last night." Carly introduces me to the woman sitting at the top of the table

"Nice to meet you, Luna" I address her respectfully

"Bienvenida a nuestra casa. Nos van a ayudar a transition ritual?" She questions me (Welcome to our house. Will you help us with the transition ceremony?)

"She is asking if you would like to help us with the transition ceremony" Fiorella explains to me

"Of course. It would be my honor." I respond sincerely

And... That's how I spend my first day in Albarracin. Alongside joyful women who had made it their mission to make this the best transition ritual that had ever taken place in this castle.

A lot of deliberations about food, quests and decorations later we had finally ran over everything that needed scheduling.

Who knew that planning a ceremony would be so wearing? I suddenly felt a lot of respect for my mother for having to do this on a regular basis back at home.

I fell on the bed, face down, without bothering to change out of my clothes. I decided to take a nap until dinner would be served. Carly mentioned that our boys would not be home for at least one more hour, so I knew I had time.

Sometime later, Alvaro woke me up with a sweet kiss on my temple. I opened my eyes and smiled at him still a bit drowsy from my nap. He looked good, with his hair all messy and wet.

"Hey" I said throatily

"Hey" Álvaro replied with a smirk and sat next to me on the bed "I am guessing all those preparations really worn you out" he said and softly touched my cheek

"Yeah... What time is it? Did I miss dinner?"

"It's a quarter past midnight. I came back like an hour ago- had some dinner with Mateo and then came here to shower. I am afraid you did miss dinner. Are you hungry? Can I bring you anything?" he suggests.

I shake my head in denial "Wow you guys really overworked yourselves today."

"I have been away for a while so there were a lot of matters to go over. Don't you worry mi alba, I won't be coming home this late all the time" Alvaro clarifies playfully (my dawn)

"You better not be" I tease back and close my eyes

"Take some rest." He says and moves in order to get under the covers with me. He places his hand on my waist once again "Don't you wanna change into something more comfortable?" he asks quietly

"Nop" I answer him before falling into a deep slumber.

^^^
Tilda had to wake me at 8.00 am the next morning, just so I could get ready with Carly in our Luna's champers, according to tradition. As Carly mentioned, the current Alpha and Luna would be leaving their master bedroom and the entire castle to the new generation, withdrawing to a new home in the nearby town. Mateo had insisted for his parents to stay but they were both keen on moving away just as they were meant to be.

The Luna's champers were almost as big as my entire house back in the US.

All the women that were currently here were served a marvelous breakfast that I made sure I devoured before it was time to prepare for the ritual. Carly and I both decided to wear the same dress just for the fun of it.

It was a beautiful yet simple long dress.