f o r t y - e i g h t

You're waiting outside with what seems like Beom's entire gang, national and international.

You don't fully know the significance of tonight, so the amount of machinery and weapons many men have been carefully putting away into the vans that have been stopping by the house for a few minutes before speeding away, collecting a few men from the house along them has terrified you to the core.

Jay is standing on your left, with a few of what you assume are Beom's main men—the same ones who were at the breakfast the other day—standing by him. Hana on your right, your hands intertwined to keep you as warm as you can in the pure winter weather.

Although you're both wearing heavy, full-length fleece coats, your dresses are forcing you to feel the cold air blow underneath.

"No other plans, huh, Opal?" Jay nudges your arm.

You shake your head, "One target." you mutter out.

"You're made for this." he says, mocking.

You ignore him, looking out to see more vans come in, the doors opening, a few men getting in, and driving off.

"All of this, for one man's head?" you look up to Jay, feeling uneasy.

"This evening's party includes a meeting between some of the biggest gang leaders to negotiate an alliance or peace treaty, more like. Some of these leaders include Beom and Jimin. Now, all these other cartels are blind, they don't know what we're up to, so we try to overpower as much as we can. Take advantage." he explains to you.

"Are all the members going to be there?" you ask.

"Yeah, just not at the meeting, probably just enjoying the women and drugs at the party." he lets out a sinister laugh.

"What a beautiful day." Beom suddenly walks out as he's putting on black leather gloves, cloaked in a beat fur coat, a cane with a falcon on top of it under his arm.

"Sir." Beom says, and he bows.

You, Hana and the men by Beom follow.

"How's the gold among it all feeling?" he walks to stand in front of you, "Hm?"

You only nod to him.

"Ah, first day nerves, very common." he then places his gloved hands on your cheeks, gentle, but your body sets off alarms.

"Do the job, and we'll all be nothing but bad dreams." he adds, directing his words to you, his voice too low for the others to hear.

Hana squeezes your arm as comfort.

"I have no other intentions." you say, more confidently than you expected.

He laughs, satisfied, and steps away from you, holding his cane in his hand.

"What a shame we cannot keep her." he jokes.

He turns towards the rest of the circus scattering around to prepare in front of the house and claps his hands loudly, "Today is ours!" he yells, and you hear Jay laugh along proudly.

- - - - -

You, Hana, Jay and Beom are the first from the gang to enter the hall where the party is held, the mansion of the host is attached right to it, perfectly.

The van drives off and Beom turns to you and Hana, he pulls his leather gloves off and stuffs them in his pockets before he starts, "Hana, distract as much as you can. Opal, my love, all you have is one job, it's almost impossible to mess up." he turns around to walk away but stops and turns, Jay following his every step.

"Unless you let this," he places his hand on his chest, "get in the way." he clicks his tongue.

You decide to not reply, and he smiles satisfied, walking up the stairs to the left, where the mansion is, where the leaders gather.