97 ⸸

Namjoon spent half of his night awake, paying attention to his patient to make sure nothing happened to him in his sleep. Now that Seokjin was human, everything was different.

On one hand, Namjoon was happy. But as a doctor, and as a lover, he felt that it was his full responsibility to take care of Seokjin and to keep him healthy and alive.

This was the first night in months that Namjoon hasn't been able to sleep. Before he met Seokjin, he remembered that he used to get home from his job and the sinking feeling in his chest would hit him, the insomnia it would cause him.

He shut his eyes, laughing in silence. These fuzzy memories were giving Namjoon the motivation to stay up all night, if it means that his patient would receive the attention he needs.

One of the memories that gave Namjoon motivation to stay up was when he used to arrive home from the job so late at night after seeing a strange, mysterious looking man inside of a creepy room within the hospital. The anxiety, the adrenaline rush he used to get. The feeling of wanting more, to the point where he "needed" to see the strange patient no matter how risky it was, how invasive he had to be, and how much of his time he needed to sacrifice in order to see the man and talk to him for a few minutes.

His voice was always so dark and sinister, almost pissed off but polite. It's something Namjoon never understood.

What mood would the man be in this time? What mood was he in before he arrived at the hospital? The endless research he did on the internet to gather information on the hospital and the patient.

Everything was coming back to his mind now. All of the tough times in which he nearly lost the man in his dream and in real life. The nightmares he used to get before and after he met him, giving him hot flashes at night, leaving him sleepless.

So many thing that he went through because of Seokjin. And seeing how everything turned out, the doctor would do it all again if he had to. He swept the strands of hair blocking Seokjin's eyes, staring at him for a while.

He looked so peaceful asleep.

"Mr. Kim, you look adorable when you sleep." The doctor whispered, continuing to caress the man's face, softly enough for him to not feel it.

Namjoon suddenly felt a hand wrap around his wrist. Seokjin brought his hand towards his mouth, kissing it.

"Don't you dare stay awake all night." The man spoke with a serious tone.

Namjoon kissed his forehead.

"Let's sleep then." They intertwine hands together and cuddled up, slowly drifting off into a deep and peaceful slumber.

~the next day~

The following day, Namjoon's eyes fluttered open as he saw Seokjin was next to him, still sleeping. He touched Seokjin's forehead to check if his fever had deceased, which it did.

Namjoon sighed in relief, getting up. It was 7:00 AM, meaning that the doctor was one hour late to work. He had no time to wait for Seokjin to wake up, or even eat breakfast, he just got up, got ready, then got into his car and left.

He knew that Seokjin would be out of harms way now since Joowon was most likely hiding in his house to avoid the cops or any trouble, so with that in mind, Namjoon was at peace.

The doctor also left a bowl of cereal out, along with cereal for whenever the man decided to wake up. Also, he placed the iron pills on a napkin, beside the cereal bowl to remind Seokjin that he needed to take them.