park's diner

yasmin

"I'm out Jax. Kalin in the room with Alicia. They— uh busy. Kalin said don't go that way unless it's a fire starting in here." I spoke to him from my spot in the doorway.

"What they doing in there?" He shifted his head from the TV took look at me.

"Ion know they..." I searched for something to tell him, other than explaining they fucking the shit out of each other, "..ion know Jax they reading a book, just stay here."

He nodded with a confused look on his face, and with that I made my way out the house. It was bout 6:30 now. We all decided to go later to chill so the basketball niggas could come too. I know Jayo was mad happy cause he ain't like the idea of Kenya chilling with them niggas when he wasn't around. And I really couldn't blame him cause those niggas were vultures and had no respect for a "relationship"

"Dick me down shorts for what sis???" I eyed Kenya's legs as I got in her car. Her oversized grey sweatshirt almost covered her to the point that I couldn't see them.

"Cause I'm tryna get dicked down duhh!" she ended her phrase by sticking her tongue out suggestively and tapping on her thighs.

"Spare me," I faked a gag before buckling my seatbelt. Last thing I needed to be thinking about was her and Jayo getting it on.

"Girl don't knock it till you try it," she smirked at me as she pulled out my driveway. Everyday this girl was testing my holy, tryna get me to fuck somebody.

"And I won't be anytime soon."

"Girl give my cousin a damn chance!" she said referring to Hakeem, who wasn't even her damn cousin. And I was gon let her know too.

"A chance at my virginity!? And girl he don't even like me like that!" I told her truthfully. Everything between us was just platonic I felt.

"Girl I know my cousin," she claimed.

"He not even yo cousin!"

"I call his mama tati, so he my damn cousin!" (tati: auntie in creole)

Hakeem's mama was bestfriends with Kenya's, so somewhere along the line I guess they just started seeing each other as close. Kenya and Keem was close which made the whole Jayo situation easier for Kenya when we was younger. When we was "too young for dating", Kenya would tell her mama she just hanging with Keem but really it was Jayo. That went on till bout the end of sophomore year cause Haitian parents really don't play that.

"Anyway, it's not like that between us." And it really wasn't. Keem was cool and cute and I considered him a good friend, but really it was just that.

"Right.." Kenya winked.

"You really pay attention to anything but the road huh?" I scolded her as she slammed on her breaks, realizing she was bouta hit the car in front of her.

"We made it here ain't we?" she sassed as she looked around for a parking space.

"Just barely," I laughed.

Park's Diner was the spot in Los Serrano's. In there, we ate wings and sipped on milkshakes till we passed out. It was Monday today, yet the place was still jumping. Niggas and girls from our school filled it from the front to the back in various booths. Of course we always sat at a special booth filled up with Keem, Jayo, their friends, and a few other girls associated with us. It was safe here. No gangs, no nothin. At least that how it used to be anyway.

"You're late mama." Jayo pressed a kiss on Kenya's cheek as she squeezed her way in the booth. Acknowledging me, he sent a salute my way. I returned it, letting out a small laugh. "You late too mama," he joked.