Chapter 11 : Consequences

Mirai shakily tried to sit as Namjoon was pulling his pants up. He handed her his shirt and she didn't even argue before putting it on. It looked huge on her. Along with her still flushed face and her messy hair, she had never looked hotter in Namjoon's eyes.

Not to mention the big purple hickey on her neck...

''Don't you think I forgot the stunt you pulled today. You proved you can't be trusted alone in your own room at night, so you've lost that freedom. Now you'll be sharing my room. And you're grounded, of course.''

''Grounded? It's not like I was allowed to go out of the house to begin with...'' Mirai said, pulling the big shirt around herself, her tone back to being as snappy as usual.

''Assigned to your, well my, room, might be a more appropriate way to put it. You lost the privilege to walk around the manor...'' Namjoon said back to his arrogant smile as he took his phone to text someone. ''I'll be going back to my work now, Yoongi will be escorting you to your new quarters. Do try to enjoy your walk upstairs, it's the last time you'll have a view of something else but the inside of my room for a while...''

''Back to your jerk self already?'' Mirai said, jumping off the desk in an attempt to hide how sore she really was.

Namjoon scoffed and grabbed her by the chin. ''We had ourselves a bit of fun earlier, but that doesn't mean you get to talk to me however you want. I'll let it go for now, but I recommend you start watching your mouth princess, because I reckon you'd be just as useful to me with two broken legs.'' He threathened with a smile that send a shiver, the bad kind, up her spine.

A serious looking man came in the room, seeing Namjoon shirtless and Mirai wearing nothing but a shirt didn't even seem to faze him. Fortunately Namjoom was tall enough for his shirt to cover the girl up completely...

Trying to hide her embarrassment, Mirai walked away from Namjoon, purposefully swaying her hips as she came towards the other man.

''Yoongi, was it? Good to see you again! Remember putting that rag on my face? Very few men have managed to take me by surprise in my lifetime...'' she said flirtingly.

Namjon sighed. ''Stop wagging your tail, Yoongi isn't as gullible as Jungkook.''

Yoongi did seem pretty uninterested, his expression remaining cold, but she could also see he was avoiding to look at her, so she was at least making him a bit embarrassed.

''I recommend you follow me up close in the stairs, since I'm not wearing anything under that shirt. You wouldn't want to see something you shouldn't...'' She murmured while walking past Namjoon's man.

''You better keep your eyes up!'' Namjoon ordered to the silent man, totally biting Mirai's bait and getting jealous.

The girl repressed a giggle while heading out of the room, Yoongi on her tail.

She made her way up, wincing in pain while going up the stairs and following Yoongi to a room she hadn't seen before.

Yoongi was staring at her, his expression seemed neutral, but she was used to dealing with straight faced men and she could see the interrogation in his eyes.

''You won't find your answer by staring at me, so you might as well ask... If you have a tongue that is.'' the girl said while letting herself plop down on the bed.

''I've known Namjoon for many years now... but I've never seen him like this...'' the man said.

''I feel you. You'd think getting laid would get him in a nice mood but he's even more of a jerk than usual...''

''You really don't know your luck. The last time I saw someone disrespect Namjoon they got skinned alive...'' the man said with an expression far too indifferent for the topic of skinning people alive.

''To think I used to be the only thing that could make him get violent...'' Mirai said, deep in thought.

''Seems like you're still his exception... You're the only one he wouldn't hurt to get what he wants.''

Mirai scoffed. She had learned the hard way that was just not true... He betrayed her once before and he would do it again if she let him.

''What Namjoon wants is precisely the question I'm asking myself. He never cared for violence, money, power and all that stuff... Why did he even become a mafia boss? It doesn't make any sense.''

''Everything Namjoon does makes sense. Except when it comes to you.'' Yoongi said before leaving the room quietly, leaving Mirai with even more questions than before as she heard him lock the door from outside.

Well at least being stuck in here would give her plenty of time to think...

***

Author's note:

Poor Mirai is back to square one after her failed escape attempt... Well, technically speaking she's even worst of than before her escape since now she's ''grouded'' and has to share a room with her captor...

Don't you wonder why Namjoon took such a wrong turn growing up?

You'll find a part of the answer in the next chapter where we'll dive back again into the character's past....

Thank you sooooo much for reading and see you next chapter! ;3