37. We Should Be Mates

After Alpha Greg's mistake, no one bothered the pack or me, again. Even Sophia kept her mouth shut around me after she heard what I did. I ended up staying with Liam even though the danger passed. I'd gotten so comfortable with him, and I would've ended up staying with him anyway. My grandparents completely understood, but they still can to visit me. I even stayed in school until the year ended. Summer came faster than I was expecting. Before I knew it, we were graduating. The event made me think about what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I would have to stay and become the next Luna, but that wasn't all I wanted out of life. Now to just figure out how to tell Liam that. Behind his back, I applied to a few colleges across the country. I was waiting in our room for him after dinner to break the news.

"Why are you standing there?" Liam chuckled as he came back to our room from a meeting. I sighed and rubbed my hands together for the sake of something to do.

"I want to go to college. I applied to colleges all over the country and got accepted to a few of them," I said quickly. I thought it would be better to just rip the bandaid off. Liam froze as he stared at me.

"We don't get the luxury of going to college; especially future Alphas and Luna's. My dad is preparing to pass on his title to me soon. I can't leave and neither can you," he said seriously.

"Who said we can't go to college? Where is it written?" I retorted. He scoffed.

"It may have been a little different if you were a normal wolf and you weren't fated to become a Luna, but you can't even control your wolf as well as others can! There are so many rules that you, specifically, have to follow. If you leave pack grounds, you won't have an ally. You can't tell anyone about your connection with Aria or the fact that you're even a wolf. What if there's another red moon? Who's going to help you keep control? I can't leave and go with you, and no one else can aggravate Sahria. Plus, how would you explain the fact that you literally glow red. What if you get stuck in the city during a new moon and can't recharge? What if Sahria ends up welcoming out on her own? What if someone figures out what you are and sends you off to a lab?" He ranted.

These were all things I had not thought about. Ever since I was with my dad, I thought college was obviously in the cards for me. I guess I should've completely thought through all the changes I'd gone through in the last year. I looked towards the floor. I wasn't going to lie; I was disappointed, but more so because everything Liam said was valid. I was the last person who should've been thinking about leaving for college. I was a walking risk, a weapon, a blessing and a curse. Liam sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"I don't mean to be harsh, Dani, but this is the only way I can get you to seriously think about what you are in this world. You can't change your connection to Aria, and I understand it can be a burden sometimes, but there's nothing you can do to change that. The sooner you accept that, the easier your life will get," he said gently.

"I get it," I said softly.

"But honestly, now that everything has calmed down, I wanted to talk to you about completing our mate bond," he said hesitantly. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"It's not that I don't accept you, because I do, but I just... haven't thought about going there yet. With everything that happened, I never thought about it. Plus, isn't it like a hundred percent guarantee that if we do, I'll get pregnant. I don't know what exactly will be passed down if I have children, and that bothers me," I said honestly.

"Can't you ask Aria?" He asked. I sighed and sat down.

"She doesn't know either. I'm the first of female my kind," I answered.

"So you never want to complete our mating?" He asked.

"For now, no, but it's not forever. Plus, I'm a virgin. I just don't want to go there yet in general. You on the other hand..." I trailed off. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I thought we were dropping that?" He asked, referring to Sophia. I shrugged.

"I did drop it, but facts are facts. You're... experienced in that area. You probably already know what you like and what you don't like. I don't like the pressure of those expectations," I worded carefully. He sighed before he sat next to me and took my hands in his.

"As long as it's you, I'll be satisfied," he said. I pretended to gag.

"Oh my god, that was so cringeworthy. Never say that again," I said seriously as I took my hands out of his to stand up.

"I was being completely honest," he tried to defend himself. I smirked before I pet his head teasingly.

"That's what made it worse," I joked. He grabbed my arm and pulled me on to his lap.

"We'll have to finish it at some point," he said seriously. I raised an eyebrow as I craned my neck to look at him.

"You should know better than to rush me by now," I reminded him. He sighed and leaned his hands back on the bed.

"I know you're stubborn and like things to go your way. I know you don't technically need me. I know you like to control... well everything, but I can't wait forever. Even marked, without completing the process, I can go feral," he said. I sighed and stood up again.

"I'll think about it," I promised before I went to find Luna Addie for something to do.