14

[Chapter fourteen]

-Winnie-

"Sooo, Kamri..." I trail off as soon as she and Lucas finish eating some leftovers they had found in the fridge. I ignore Octavia and Lucas' flirting. Or attempts at flirting. I honestly don't know what to call it but it's making me want to neck myself.

"What?" She groans when she hears the tone of my voice.

"Wait!" Adonis exclaims before crawling over and sitting down on the floor next to me. "Okay, I'm here. Continue."

Kamri and I stare at him with raised eyebrows.

"Um?"

"Flynn's too busy being green and staring at Tavia and Lucas, and won't pay attention to me." He pouts.

"Alright." I nod before turning back to Kamri. "You gonna go on a date with Mia anytime soon?"

"Mia? The girl from the food court?" Adonis questions just as Flynn crawls over, turning our little triangle into a circle. Or square. I don't know, it's pretty wonky.

"That's the one." I confirm.

"Ooh, we talking about the cutie from the mall?" Flynn grins excitedly.

"Yeah, you done being jealous?" Kamri raises her eyebrows at him.

"I am not jealous." He turns his nose up and closes his eyes before peeking one eye open and looking at us. "And they're going outside."

As if on cue, Octavia and Lucas stand up, walking to the kitchen, We hear the back door open and shut, confirming that they had indeed gone outside.

"Great," Adonis claps his hands once and throws himself across Flynn's lap. "Now you can pay attention to me!"

"Dude, you're like a puppy." Flynn rolls his eyes.

Adonis grins up at him. "Adorable and loveable?"

"Clingy and attention-seeking." Flynn slaps Adonis' forehead making him pout.

"Bitchass." He mumbles, sitting up before throwing himself across my lap instead.

I grin down at him, running a hand through his hair.

"Don't worry, hot stuff, I love puppies. Flynn's just salty because Octavia and Luke went outside." I throw a blank look at Flynn who crosses his arms and sulks.

Adonis smiles cutely when I say I love puppies and I hold back a coo, ruffling his hair, making him laugh.

"Anyway!" Flynn shifts the attention away from him and back to Kamri. "Mia."

Kamri groans, rolling her eyes. "No, we're not going on a date anytime soon."

"Why the fuck not?!" Adonis, Flynn and I practically shout in unison.

She stares at us in bewilderment. "I haven't asked her...?"

"Why the fuck not?!"

"I...I'm shy."

Flynn huffs out a laugh of disbelief. "You? Shy? Believe me when I say Kamri and this girl are going to be married by the time they're twenty-two and have 3 kids by twenty-five."

"What? No!" Kamri exclaims before looking at Adonis and I. "Guys?!"

Adonis and I share a look before he looks at Kamri and looks away, whistling.

I turn to Flynn. "Thirty bucks says they're married by twenty-one."

"What the hell?!"

"Thirty bucks says twenty." Adonis adds.