episode 20: who are you?

💎

"There were no people in that house, Kook."

Lisa crouched down to face her devastated husband as she got off the phone. Jungkook's hand brushed his hair as he sat by the bed's edge.

"But we'll find her," she assured him. "We won't stop until we save Yuqi."

"We were so close, doll," he said softly. "But she... she  stayed back to make sure I get to you safe."

She stood up and hugged him. Lisa could feel him tremble in her arms.

"I contacted DK and the rest of the 97. They'll be here as soon as they can to help us track down Yuqi," she informed him. "Are you sure you gave the police the right address?"

"It's the only house in the woods, doll. I'm certain that's where they hid me for years."

They both fell silent. Then a few seconds later, Jungkook broke the silence.

"What's his name?"

"Hmm?" Lisa looked at him.

"What's our son's name?"

"You know about Junghyun?" She blurted out in surprise. Jungkook smiled. She felt her hear skip a beat.

It's still there. It never changed.

"Junghyun..." he whispered smiling. "Has a nice ring to it."

Jungkook made her stand up and pulled her towards him. She stood in between his legs and he was looking up at her while smiling.

"I missed you," he said as he hugged her hip. "You don't know how much I missed you, wife. I didn't even think you'd look for me."

"They said you were dead," she said cupping his face. "But my heart was still beating. That meant you were still here. That you were just lost. And I was right. Even if they said there was no hope, I didn't believe them. And by far I can say, I'm always right."

He tucked the lose strands of her hair behind her ear. "Yes. Yes you are."

"But I should honestly be pissed at you right now," she spat. "You did something stupid. And you said you played me—ya!"

Even though he lost some weight, Jungkook managed to pull Lisa on the bed. She propped her arms to his side as she laid on top of him.

"I needed to protect you," he defended. "My brother was a very dangerous man. And I didn't want to burden you with it."

"As far as I could remember, Jeon, I can very much take care of myself. Dangerous or not, you could've at least told me," she countered. "I wouldn't have questioned your feelings for me."

Jungkook smirked. Oh how she missed that.

"There are a lot ways for me to prove it to you after, wife," he teased as his hand went under her shirt. "Ways where we could both enjoy it."

She let out a soft moan as she felt his fingers trail her bare skin. It's been a long time. A very long time. And her body knew it was him.

"Kook..."

"Hmm?"

"Stop that," she whispered.

"Stop what?"

"What you're doing."

He grinned. "Do you really want me to stop?"

His hand travelled down south. She squealed when she felt his hand in her underwear.