03. WAYS TO GO

CHAPTER THREE
[WAYS TO GO]

It felt like it happened in slow motion, Molly raised her fist and punched Kai across the face with the chain wrapped around her knuckles

Kai fell to the ground quickly, and after Molly stood there and panicked for a little bit, she got to her feet and sprinted out of the bar. She swung the door open, the bell ringing as she made her way onto the street.

It was odd not having to look for oncoming traffic.

Molly ran across the street, the sun slowly rising. She glanced behind her, Kai was nowhere to be seen. There was no way her punch knocked him out completely.

She turned back around and continued running back towards the Salvatore house to warn Bonnie and Damon. Even if Kai was coming after her, the warning could give them time to prepare something. Anything.

Then she heard footsteps, crunching of leaves behind her.

Molly spun around, but still, no one was there.

She dipped around into an alleyway, keeping her back to the wall to avoid any 'sneak-attacks.' Her head throbbed from the sudden burst of action, and as she brought her hands up to try and mask the pain, she realized she was bleeding. Molly quietly stepped her way down the end of the alleyway, and as she began to dip out of it— somebody grabbed her arms.

Molly looks up, Kai was holding them forcefully, aggression in his eyes as she began to scramble out of his hold.

And when she did, she spun around and grabbed a plank of wood that was leaning against a wall behind her. As Kai went after again, she swung it at his head, but he ducked down in time.

Molly dropped the plank, as her hands were too shaky to hold it up any longer. Kai stood up again and breathed heavily.

"You're ruining my chance to get out of here." Kai says in frustration.

"I am not a chess piece." Molly snarls back, her first burst of confidence.

"Really?" He pants. "Cause all your friends treat you like one."
Molly pants in sync with him for a second, thinking about his comment. "I mean, come on. Letting you do all the work while they make the same shitty breakfast every morning."

"I don't mind doing the work." She swallows, defending her friends.

"Look. You don't have to convince me, I know what I'm seeing." He says, he rubs his jaw— where Molly hit him. "I wasn't going to actually hurt you. But now you've pissed me off."