23. I'll make this feel like home

Y/n made it her mission to introduce Loki to Earth etiquette.

///

It's been 30 minutes and Loki still showed no sign he would pick up the cheeseburger and eat it anytime soon. Y/n studied him; he poked the food with a plastic fork before making a face of disgust, and repeated the action; prodded and scrunched up his face and prodded and scrunched up his face.

Thor was here, too.
3 A.M. at McDonald's was supposed to be a happy time, but since Loki was dragged here against his will and was told he wasn't going anywhere until he finished his cheeseburger, the look on the God of Mischief's face looked like he was a lamb about to be slaughtered.

"Come on," Thor urged, "take a bite. You'll love it."

"It's disgusting," Loki said.

"How'd you know it's disgusting. You haven't even touched it," y/n scoffed, and Loki rolled his eyes.

"Eat. Or we'll be here forever, brother," by the smirk on Thor's face Loki knew Thor was enjoying this; being able to torture his little brother.

Loki muttered some curse word in Asgardian before, eventually, picked the extremely huge burger up - it was bigger than his hands, so big that Loki looked like he was going to cry, y/n wondered if her and Thor went too far. But when she glanced at Thor the look on the God of Thunder's face told her he wasn't going to cut Loki a slack. Poor Loki, she thought, though this was entertaining. There was no denying torturing Loki was hella entertaining.

"Go on," Thor made a motion with his finger as Loki looked at him like a lost puppy.

When Loki took the first bite he probably somehow didn't do it right because the cheese spilled over it splashed on Loki's shirt, and Thor burst out laughing. He laughed so hard he was wheezing, and y/n wanted to laugh, too, though she knew if she were to laugh, she wouldn't be able to stop, and it would be a whole mess, and Loki would probably end up stabbing both her and Thor. So she held it within her; it was a damn struggling that her face turned red and her shoulders rose each time she tried to inhale steadily.

When y/n lost it eventually, she laughed so hard she had to clung onto Thor.

"You both are idiots!" Loki hissed, grabbing tissues and tried to get rid of the strain.

"Wider," Thor said after he managed to stop his laughing and catch his breath.

"What?" Loki asked, clearly irritated.

"You need to open your mouth wider. So the cheese wouldn't spill."

"You sure know a lot in these field, huh?"

Thor shrugged, "I'm a fast learner," he said. Indeed Thor was a fast learner; he adapted to Midgardian culture pretty well. Loki was, in fact, a fast learner too. It was only that he found junk food so unpleasant that he saw no use in trying to understand how they did it.

"But it's good," y/n said after the God of Mischief carefully took his second bite (this time he didn't make a mess) "It's good, right?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I still am convinced it's a poison-"

"Come on, it's good! Just admit it," y/n cut him off.

Loki sighed and, finally, he gave up, "Fine. It is... tolerable," then he took another bite.

Thor and y/n shared a glance. They both smiled cheekily.

┈┈ ❋ ┈┈

On Asgard the only source of entertainment was play. Here on Midgard they had good plays, too, but there was other thing people enjoyed on scene while seated comfortably on their couch in their house.