The Clue of the Wigs

Frank and Joe could not wait until school was over. The two would find themselves often glancing at the clock, impatiently waiting for the clock to reach three. They'd get a few texts from their friends, which didn't help with the waiting, and quickly replied before glancing at the clock again. They were surprised when, on their way out of the school, they ran into the Masons, but neither Adam nor Greg antagonized them. Greg even offered a cordial nod before the two walked towards their family vehicle and left the school. The Hardys' friends surrounded them.

"Did you see that?" asked Chet excitedly. "The Masons seem to like you!"

"Well it makes sense," said Tony, "Frank and Joe did stand up for them at the police station."

"Just proves what we've known all along," said Phil proudly, "you're a couple of the greatest guys in the world."

Frank and Joe grinned. "Thanks Phil."

"It also proves that the Masons aren't that bad either," said Frank.

"Maybe they'll be friends with all of us?" asked Jack.

Biff shrugged. "Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think that rivalry between Mr. Mason and Mr. Hardy goes pretty deep."

Joe nodded. "Oh, definitely."

At that moment, the last two members of their group, Slim and Pete, joined them.

"Hey guys, what did we miss?" asked Pete. The others quickly filled them in on the lack of confrontation between the Hardys and the Masons. Their mouths dropped in shock. "Well, I know Mr. Stevenson will be quite happy with that news."

"I'm happy with that news," said Slim. "You guys have been at each other's throats since they got here, practically!"

"Ain't that the truth," said Pete. He turned to Frank and Joe. "Looks like getting on the Masons' good side and finding Chet's car have worked for you. What's our next move?"

"Wait, didn't Frank text you about the costume stores?" said Jerry.

"He did," replied Pete, "but we still need to know which costume stores each group is taking, and what exactly we're supposed to say."

"Let's head over to Chet's car and we'll explain," said Frank. While they walked, he and Joe laid out the plan. There were in fact seven stores they had to check out, they sheepishly admitted that they forgot about the boutiques, but they had that figured out. Each duo would take one shop, the two shops left were situated between the other five. Three groups would converge on one while the other two groups would converge on the second before everyone would head to the Hardy residence.

"Chet's definitely going to be taking care of one of these two stores," said Joe. He had pulled out his phone and was showing them the coordinates on the GPS. "He's going to be the ride."

"Meanwhile, Tony's got the Prito van and will be taking care of himself and the other five guys for these," said Frank, pointing out the rest of the locations.

"We also decided that I'll go with Chet and Frank goes with Tony. Chief Collig wants to be in contact with us in case they find anything, and he wants us to contact him as soon as we've found something," explained Joe. The others nodded.

"That being said, who's going with Joe and Chet, and who's coming with Tony and me?"

"You and Tony!" blurted Pete and Slim at the same time.

"Joe and Chet!" said Biff a second later. Jack and Jerry also decided on going with Frank and Tony, leaving Phil to go with Chet, Joe, and Biff.

Frank glanced at his watch. "Alright, this shouldn't take too long. I'm hoping that we'll be at our house by four-thirty at the latest."