Chapter 22

I noticed one thing, as we were swimming down to the city of my father's pride and joy.

I could breath.

It felt extremely weird, like the water was passing through into my lungs, but it had no effect on me. I looked around at my friends, they were in bubbles I had guessed of Chung Ha's work.

Hong Su didn't have a tough time either, he glided through the water oh so gracefully. His body weaving through the different fish and rays.

But he was cut off, a large shark appeared slowly in front of us, it's body coming head to head with Hong Su.

It didn't attack, nor did it swim away. It just. Floated there, like it was waiting for something. My heart pounded in my chest, I was scared.

I looked back at my friends once more, they all looked ready to pounce. But before they could move a voice came through my ears.

"It is my pleasure to meet you Princess Y/N. I have heard much about you." My eyes widened like large plates at the voice.

It was the shark's voice. I gently got off Hong Su, his body was still slightly tense with caution. But my hand ushered him to calm himself. I floated towards the shark, it was still.

My hand reached out to touch it's snout, my eyes scanned over it's huge teeth.

"Who might you be?" I felt as though talking under water was impossible, but in this world, it seemed not uncanny to do so.

"I am your brother's great white shark, Triton. My name is Maglese" Triton was the first one to make me feel at home in my own kingdom, his aura brought great happiness to me.

"Maggie! This is where you were, come on we need to..." My brother's loud voice made me spin around.

His hair was now white, his eyes still held that beautiful blue hue our family all shared.

He paused to look at me, his face lit up as he rushed to me.

"Sis!" He yelled, swimming and crashing into me. Wrapping me up in his arms, I laughed and hugged him tightly.

He held on for a little longer. He drew back with a huge grin on his face. But it fell as it seemed he remembered something.

He hung his head.

"I am sorry I couldn't help you, I heard from Polyphemus that Father had acted like you weren't worthy of such a creature like your sea dragon. I was furious little sis, I am so sorry I couldn't be there to help you prove him wrong..."

"Don't worry brother, but, right now father is sick... Isn't he?" I placed my hands on his shoulders as he looked back up at me.

He sorrowfully nodded his head.

"It seems as though he was poisoned Y/N. Everyone..." He paused and bit his lip.

"Because of Theseus... Everyone think's it was you." I inhaled sharply at the news.

I pulled away from him, anger and sadness fueled my movements. My hand reached out as Hong Su swam past me at a blinding speed. I grabbed onto one of his horns and pushed myself onto his back.

I wasn't going to be framed and lose another part of my life I just got back. As much as it seems I don't want it back.

Hong Su smashed through the barrier, and weaved through the beautifully made buildings. Air flowed through my hair, almost drying it for me.

The gates stood between us and the royals. I gazed down, the two guards that looked at me with pride and love now looked at me with slight suspicion and confusing as to why I would commit the 'crime' as they've been told.

Hong Su landed.

"Let me in." I strode up to them with power in my steps.

"You know we can't do that Princess" The guard's voice was hurt, he looked down at me with disappointment.

A wave of pain washed over me. This was all too harsh.

"You really think I did it... My own father..." I looked up at them, tears threatening to spill.

"With what you said to him, everyone think's you did... Please forgive us princess." The bowed their heads.

I closed my eyes and sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry but I have to get through." I stepped back and started humming the siren's song. Their eyes started getting droopy, as they sunk down onto their knees as they were lulled into a deep sleep.

"I am so sorry." I fought with my tears as my voice cracked. I shook them away.

I stormed into the palace, Hong Su following behind me in his huge form.

"Theseus!" I growled, pointing a finger at the man sitting on father's throne.

He looked to me, his eyes holding a bored gaze.

"You finally decided to show up sister. Good. Now you can be held accountable for your treason. Guards!" His voice laughed devilishly throughout the room.

"No!" Triton's voice boomed from behind me.

"Theseus I will not let you do this." He snarled at our brother. Stepping beside me. Polyphemus came out from the shadows, his face held a smile as he came to stand beside me.

He spoke.

"Theseus, she is in fact the rightful air to the thrown. She is the oldest out of all of us, meaning these guards aren't yours to govern." Polyphemus didn't hesitate to bestow the fact's apon us.

I was confused, how was I the oldest?

"Don't think you can trick us so easily big brother." Triton shook his head astonished by the words Polyphemus was saying, but was proud of him for finding the right information for the right time. Theseus sat there looking worried.

We did find out.

But something grew on me... Why were they speaking as if father wasn't here ?

"Why are you guys acting as if father is going to die? He will live!"

"He's going to die Y/N."Theseus's annoyed voice interrupted me.

"How do you know?" I said, suspicion growing in the pit of my stomach.

A smirk spread across his face.

"I know because I did it..."

A/N: I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS BOOK IN SO LONG.

and cliche ending to chapter? Yes.

I GOT CONFUSED ON WHICH BOOK I UPDATED AND BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Also, Triton's personality is a lot like Jason Mamoa's (aquaman) mixed in with Jackson Wang's.

Ik, weird as hell.

I wanted it to be Jackson but then I remembered he had already been a character in the story :'(

AND DON'T WORRY I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT JAEHYUN.

Thank you for 22k, that's amazing.

I love you guys.

-T <3