Chapter I

I smiled feeling content with myself as I walked down the hall to my patients room. I was just in the operation room and I just saved a life, I was specifically advised not to take the surgery because it was too risky.

Mrs Hernandez was crushed when she heard the news about her son's surgery being too risky, her sons fate had already been decided by the doctors. He would not make it. I took the task to give it my best even though I knew it was a risky surgery. I had put everything on the line to save Mrs Hernandez' son, even though I couldn't afford to mess it up. It's not that I thought I would, I just had to make the best first impression to my colleagues. This will be my first big surgery in Mexico.

I have recently just moved here in Mexico. I moved here due to the very tempting offer I was offered plus a practice which would put me in the right path of starting my own clinics, it just meant I would start here in Mexico. I'm working my way up there and of course Telo and I had plans. I knew that if I messed up this surgery my hopes of being taken seriously in this hospital would be jeopardized especially as the youngest surgeon who is a black female.

I took the challenge because I couldn't bear how devastated and scared Mrs Hernendez looked when she received the news about her son. A single mother who would do anything for her only son. I could relate because I have a single mother who worked nine to five to put me through school and put food on the table. I adore my mother, she is my world. So when a single mother cries and is in pain it doesn't sit well with me.

I smiled remembering how happy the single mother was, she had cried and squeezed me to almost death. I was happy because I made her happy, I was happy because I managed to save a life and keep a family together. These were some of the reasons why I became a doctor.

When I got to my patients room I wasn't surprised to see Mrs Hernandez laying beside her son their hands intertwined. I smiled feeling this happiness inside of me of seeing them together. I slowly made my way out of the room, I was now satisfied I have seen my patient, now I'm heading home. I'm done for the day.

I called a cab and gave him my address to my apartment. I was planning on saving money and either renting out a house to myself or just simply buying it. I wanted to live in the peaceful parts of Mexico. I paid the driver and headed up to my apartment.

I couldn't wait to pass out on my bed. I opened the door to my simple apartment it wasn't much but it was currently home to me and it will have to do for now. I sighed as I thought about the long day I had today. I hopped into the shower and let the luke warm water run down my body as I washed it.

I thought of everything that I will have to go through to accomplish my dream. I want to help people and save lives. I slipped out of the shower put on my sleep wear and bonnet then I passed out on my bed.

...

I turned around on my bed, the sheets tangled my feet and I fell down on the floor with a amph, groaning I quickly answered my phone.

"whaaaaaaaat? " I  whined.

"Just calling to remind you about today. “her thick Spanish accent coated her words, I groaned.

"Cottelo no please. " I begged trying to get out of the dinner. I was still exhausted.

"........ No!"

"At least tell me Marco will not be there. " I silently prayed as I looked at the time.

Damn. I had slept through the whole day and I understood why, I was so exhausted. This whole week had been busy for me. I was busting my ass proving myself, I raised my head looking at the alarm clock beside my bed again. It read 16:45.