25

Chapter Twenty-Five | Right Person Wrong Time

After leaving homecoming together, Aries and I decided to head back to my place to end our last night together on a good note.

Is this really happening? This can't be really happening, could it? Oh god, it is.

My mind whirled when he slipped his small hand into mine, tugging me forward and up off the sofa. "C'mon Grayson," Aries urged, "Let's go up to your room. Unless you'd want to do it here..." He raised his brows at me teasingly, a deep blush blooming across her tawny cheeks.

"N-No," I winced at how my voice faltered.

Great. Way to sound in charge of the situation, Gray.

Taking a deep breath, I tried speaking again with more confidence. "I mean, my room is fine. There's a bed, more space. We'd both be more comfortable there than trying to maneuver on this sofa."

Aries looked introspective for a second and nodded. "Yeah, it wouldn't be very comfortable, would it?" Then he gently tugged on my hand again and lead me out of the living room and up the stairs to his bedroom.

My hand felt sweaty in his. Would he notice? Does it gross him out? Turn him off? Does he realize I have no fucking idea what I'm doing? I'm not prepared for this. I should've been more prepared for this. But Aries was always so complex, always hard for me to read.

The sound of my bedroom door sliding shut snapped me back the present and I blinked looking down at his head of inky black hair. So dark and soft, I knew from experience of threading my fingers through it. "Gray?" His voice was soft, hesitant as he turned around and looked up at me with those big, beautiful brown eyes of his. He rubbed his thumb soothingly over the back of my hand and then placed a sweet, chaste kiss on the skin of my knuckles.

God, how can someone be so sweet and sexy at the same time?

"Are you nervous?" He asked me.

"A little," I admitted because there was no way of denying it. Aries knew this would by my first time.

His lips quirked upwards into a small smile. "Don't be," He said. "I trust you. Do you trust me?"