18. Flamingo

Good thing all the officials and princes had left at this point. None of them saw how Xia Lian Bei almost spat out blood because of the eldest prince's taps.

In truth, out of all the Emperor's children, only Xia Yu Sinen could get this close to Feng wang shu. More accurately, none of them dared to.

Since young, Xia Lian Bei was prone to have violent tendencies whenever he threw a tantrum so it further solidified his respectable reputation.

As a result, he was distant to his brother's children and some of them were downright scared of him. It didn't even help that two of the princes were closer to his age range. Eighth prince and ninth prince.

But Xia Lian Bei always found himself being sorted out by the eldest prince while the Emperor silently acquiesced to his (XLB) tyrannical ways.

Xia Lian Bei's family tree was quite a mess because his older brother treated him like a son and his nephew treated him like a younger brother.

But he just got used to it so he wasn't the least bit bothered.

With this odd kind of environment growing up, even if society scorned him and consorts of the palace detested him, he learned how to hold his head high and didn't acquire a sulking, aggrieved personality.

Or else, he wouldn't have lived this long.

In fact, it was quite the opposite for Xia Lian Bei had an unspoken understanding with the Emperor. If someone dared to bully him, then bully that person back ten fold!

And so, those occasions of someone bullying him were now known as the chronicles of Feng wang shu's violent tendencies.

"Back then, even if you were in that distant land, you went home every end of the year but suddenly stopped visiting since three years ago. In the end, was it because you got yourself a little wife back there?" Xia Yu Sinen teased in a rather princely and serious tone.

If one would hear it, they'd have doubts if it was even a joke.

Xia Lian Bei glanced at the eldest prince sideways.

Naturally, if a prince came back from foreign lands bringing home a child, people would think that said child was born from the local of the foreign land.

Only his brother Emperor saw his sweet little daughter. He didn't even know if the officials knew it, he never bothered to care about that.

Even if they knew, these old men would probably be more interested in knowing the identity of the wife he acquired.

Was it the princess of Northern Chu? A daughter or the sister of the King? Was she respected in the kingdom? How would these affect us?

Were probably the questions burning inside their minds.

Xia Lian Bei rolled his eyes and uttered nonchalantly.

"What makes you think this great one has a wife?"

Sinen was used to Xia Lian Bei's arrogant way of speaking so he ignored it. But the words didn't sink in, then Xia Yu Sinen stopped in his tracks looking at the younger man incredulously.

"Father Emperor said you brought a daughter home. Don't children naturally come with their mother? You actually left your wife at Northern Chu?!"

From a puzzled expression at the beginning, Xia Yu Sinen's countenance turned to a look of wanting to eat Xia Lian Bei's flesh because of extreme anger.

This wanton youth actually done it!

Xia Lian Bei usually did as he pleased without giving a damn about reputation or sometimes, even the face of the royal family.