04. EQUALS

CHAPTER FOUR
[EQUALS]

Molly kicked Kai's shin to wake him up from whatever trance Bonnie had him in

Molly kicked Kai's shin to wake him up from whatever trance Bonnie had him in. His eyes jolted open and he found himself in the living room of the Salvatore tied up on a chair.

He glances down at the restraints, then back up to Molly, who towered over him, angrily. "Let me guess. These were your idea?" He asks, trying to lift his hands up. Before anyone could get a word in, Molly had punched Kai across the face. Sending Bonnie to her feet to hold her back a bit. Kai let out a deep groan, then turned to face Molly again. "Okay, I deserved that." He sighs, popping his jaw back into place.

Molly rubbed her knuckles. "You deserve a lot of shit like that." She says, Bonnie standing behind her.

"Now time for the Q&A portion of the night." Damon sighs, twirling a fire poker in his hands.

"That for me?" Kai nods towards the fire poker.

"Yep." Damon says, holding it out towards Kai's chest.

"Yeah, you don't have to do that." Kai says.

"No?" Damon raises his eyebrows.

"We're on the same team." Kai responds.

"Ha." Molly scoffs to herself and plops down on the couch.

"Really?" Bonnie says, crossing her arms. "Do you always try and kill your teammates?"

"The important thing is that you have your magic back." Kai says. Bonnie and Damon exchange glances. "You don't think I'd actually kill you guys?" Kai raises his eyebrows.

"Yes." Molly stands back up, walking towards Kai angrily. "Yes I do because you hit me over the head with a rock, tied me up twice, and held a knife to my throat. All while repeatedly telling me you were going to kill me."

"All part of the plan." Kai says. "And you healed, you're okay." He smiles at her. "There might be a little— emotional damage, but it worked."

"So you did all that, just to make sure I'd have my magic?" Bonnie asks.

"Of course I did." Kai says. "Because your magic is the key of getting the hell out of here."

"What?" Bonnie narrows her eyebrows at him. "How?"
Kai shrugs, adjusting in his seat a little bit, smiling to himself.

"Kai." Molly says sternly. He glances down at the tape around his wrists, then back up to Molly. "No way."

"Then I guess we'll just hang out here." Kai responds.

Bonnie lets out a huff and walks over to him, opening a pocket knife and beginning to cut the tape off of his wrists.

"If you try anything, I'll rip your head off." Damon says.