Jay: Protective

Jay was always the protective big brother. He stopped (Y/n) from going out on her own. He watched her to make sure she didn't hurt herself with her elemental powers. And he would absolutely not let her talk to any random strangers, or worse, boys. The only exception were the ninja. 

"You're not going out wearing that, are you?" (Y/n) looked at Jay as if he grew four heads. Wearing what? (Y/n) thought she looked perfectly fine. In fact, she looked like a school girl, and a cute one at that. "Wearing what?" He motioned to (Y/n)'s pleated skirt and straightened her arms. "Are you crazy? This doesn't reach your fingertips! You can't go out wearing that." 

Jay said 'that' as if it were some disease that killed millions. This bothered (Y/n) greatly. All she was wearing was a skort anyway. What was the big deal? Jay shook his head and ran to (Y/n)'s wardrobe, pulling out various types of clothing (Y/n) had never even seen in weeks. After various minutes of searching, he finally resurfaced from the sea of fabric.

"Aha!" Jay pulled out a pair of light yellow straight pants with a satisfied nod. "Much better." A groan escaped (Y/n)'s lips. Couldn't she decide things for herself? She was like, what, fifteen? Girls her age were probably already pregnant, so Jay should be proud that she's single and not ready to mingle. 

"Jay, I'm not a little kid anyone," (Y/n) yanked the pants out of Jay's hands, "I can take care of myself, so quit telling me what to do." Irritation was clear on her face, and Jay took immediate notice. His expression fell, and he let out a longing sigh. "Right..."

(Y/n)'s eyes softened. Jay was still in the past, and he had yet to realize that (Y/n) was growing up, and an able-bodied teen. "Jay, I know you're only trying to help, but, I'm a big girl now. You've taught me so much, Jay, but you need to let me out of the nest." A small laugh escaped (Y/n)'s lips. "Geez, you're like mum and dad now. Always worrying about us, checking in, asking if we ate yet...."

Jay smiled, melancholy shining in his eyes. He ruffled (Y/n)'s hair affectionately, causing her to let out a soft 'hey'. "I bet you can take care of yourself. You're right, yeah. You're older, and a ninja, and you're pretty handy, like me, with ma
chines, so you can build your way out of things. Yeah, yeah. You'll be fine." Jay was still slightly concerned, and it definitely showed through his fast speech patterns. He was jittery and anxious. Was (Y/n) really okay? Or was she just saying that to get herself off the hook?

Jay felt (Y/n) embrace him warmly. "It's okay bro. If I need you, I'll call you." He relaxed a little as (Y/n) released him. She made her way through the door. "And if I don't pick up, you can always call Nya. Just make sure to stay away from alleyways, and make sure you wear shorts under that skirt. And don't forget to eat -- and bring some extra money."

"I'll be fine!"

"And be back before ten!"

"You got it."

Jay smiled. His little sis was all grown up now. Perhaps she was right. Maybe Jay was a little too over protective.