two

"Ugh," I groaned, leaning over the school bathroom toilet. My stomach bug was not being nice to me. It was only third period and I had nausea all morning and thrown up once and almost thrown up two other times. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and flushed the toilet. I stood up and washed my hands and splashed my face with cold water from the sink. I then smoothed out my outfit before walking out of the girls bathroom. I started walking back to my class when a hand pulled my in the opposite direction.

"What the—?" I started but stopped when I realized it was Wyatt that grabbed me. I crossed my arms over my chest. "What do you want Wyatt?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay, you asked to use the restroom very abruptly and then ran out," Wyatt answered. I shrugged my shoulders and he gave me a concerned look. "Is something wrong, Kenny?"

"I threw up okay!" I gasped throwing my hands in the air. I crossed my arms over my chest again before saying, "Happy?"

Wyatt furrowed his eyebrows before pulling out his phone.

"Do not tell Grayson!" I ordered.

"Kennedy, he is your brother, he should probably know when you are throwing up," Wyatt explained.

"No, it's fine, it's just a bug. Can you please just take me home?" I asked him. He gave me a disappointed look. "I'll text Grayson when I get home, I promise," I added in.

"Fine, let's go," Wyatt sighed before grabbing my hand. I tensed up at his touch and froze in my spot. I heard him mutter a sorry before he let go of my hand and put his arm around my shoulders instead. We made our way out of the school to Wyatt's car. When we arrived at his car, we both hopped in and Wyatt started the car. It took about ten minutes to get back to my house from our school, but it seemed longer because Wyatt and I didn't talk the entire time. The silence was only broken when we arrived at my house.

"Text Grayson," Wyatt commanded. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I got sick at school and Wyatt took me home. Don't worry though, I'll be fine. It's just a stomach bug. - Kennedy

I got a reply almost immediately.

Can Wyatt stay at the house just to make sure you're alright? I would come home, but I have two major tests today. Feel better - Gray

"My brother wants you to say here with me." I informed Wyatt.

"What about your mom," He asked.

"She is doing a super long shift today, she is sleeping at the hospital," I told him. He nodded his head before opening the door to get out of his car. I did the same and dug my keys out of my backpack, so I could unlock the front door. I tossed my bag on the ground and turned to face Wyatt.

"I'll be upstairs if you need me," I informed him.

"Let me know if you need anything," He said in return. I nodded before heading upstairs to my bedroom. By the way our house was set up, my brothers room was first door on the right, my door was slightly further down on the left, then my mom's bedroom was the door at the very end of the hallway. It was nice because I didn't have to deal with hearing my brother twenty-four seven because there was a fair distance between our rooms.

When I got to my bedroom, I opened the door and immediately changed into comfier clothes. I put on some leggings and an oversized sweatshirt that belonged to my brother or Wyatt, it was hard to tell who's it was because they shared and swapped clothes too often. Some people might have even thought they were girls because it happened so frequently.

I cuddled into the blankets on my bed and tried to forget about the nauseous feeling that was engulfing me. I looked down at my phone and noticed I had a text from one of my best friends, Hailey.

Did you leave school?

Yes, why? I responded

I am in desperate need of a tampon and apparently nobody else here is on their period or about to start 😢.

I'm sorry! I would help if I was there, love you 😘

Love you too! Feel better 😘

Hailey and I usually had our periods around the same time, but I hadn't started mine. Usually, mine was ending when hers was beginning. I decided to look at my tracker to make sure nothing was super wacked up. I opened the app and found something strange.

10 Days Late

There was no way, the app had never been wrong before. I decided to play it safe like my mom had taught me, so I got out from underneath my covers and crept quietly to my mom's bedroom to grab a pregnancy test. I opened the door and went straight for her bathroom. I opened the cabinets on the underside of her sink and grabbed one of the pregnancy tests she kept under there.

Thank you for working with pregnant people, Mom, I silently thanked her before standing up and heading back to my bedroom. I made my way into my bathroom and ripped the test out of the box. I did my business and decided to wait longer than the required time because I truthfully did not want to look at the results.

Two episodes of Supernatural later, I decided to look because there was no way around the situation. I said a silent prayer before walking back to the bathroom. The test was just the way I left it, turned over and covered by a washcloth, so anyone who would have walked in wouldn't have seen it.

I lifted the washcloth off of the test and folded it back up before stacking it with the rest of the washcloths. I let out a deep breath before grabbing the test off of the counter. I flipped it over in my hands and it read:

Pregnant