40. Beginning

"Don't let people bully you!" Alastair stated frankly, with a dangerous look in his eyes. As if anyone who even had the notion of bullying her, he would personally go and hunt them down for sport. To which, Aileene wanted to shake her head. If anything, she was the one that was bullying others. No one would dare bully her. But she kept this thought to herself and hugged her cousin, smiling to encourage his effort.

"Be safe!" Her aunt says next with a sweet smile, helping her wear her coat.

"I will!" Aileene replied easily if she was going to be knocked down so quickly just because of a little school. She had no face to continue on with her bigger ambitions.

Lastly, her uncle patted her head gently. Remaining silent, as their eyes made contact. A concealed message hidden in his gaze.

Aileene turned and watch the sky above her. The sun was to the east, high on top of the world. As the white clouds journey against the backdrop of blue at a snail's pace. Honest in reaching their destination. Moving her eyes back to the carriage in front of her. She took in a deep breath.

Holding the hand of her coachmen, she entered the white carriage. Glancing past her family's Lovell crest on the side of the carriage.

The world awaited her.

Her goals are in reach.

Let the game begin.