Chapter Eight

Charlotte sat at the table, with their dinners. A glass of wine for both of them, with candles lit. Bryan feels his cheeks warm up. "Join me." She says softly.

Bryan sits across from her, gently placing her belongings in front of her. "You technically belong to me now, but when we leave.... I'll send you to your family if you'd like." He says nervously.

"I'd like for you to come with me." Charlotte starts. "I want them to meet you so that they meet the man who saved me." She gently takes his hand.

Bryan squeezes her hand softly, his eyes showing love and compassion. "Let's eat, then I'll book our flights to Georgia." He says as he removes the silver cover from their plates.

As Charlotte starts eating her salad she peeks at him.

"This is our first date." She says with a wink.

"It's a very romantic first date." Bryan says winking at her. "I hope you enjoy what I ordered you."

"It's tortilini, so I'm going to love it." Charlotte says rubbing his hand, as she take a large bite of her salad.

Bryan laughs as she chomps on the salad, making her cheeks go into a chipmunk mode. She was perfect, and wasn't afraid to be herself. It's what he's always wanted, a woman who wasn't afraid to be herself in front of him. Other women he had dated just wanted to always be prim and proper, but it was fake. Charlotte was real, and he loved it.

Leaning forward, Bryan gently takes his thumb, wiping the salad dressing from the corner of her mouth. He drags his thumb gently across her naturally bottom lip before bringing it, and wiping it on the napkin.

Charlottes cheeks blush red as they look at each other, silence falling in the room. "You're so beautiful." Bryan says softly.

It had been so long since she had heard those words. Charlotte had been degraded, put down, and abused for so long by the workers at breeding house, she has no self confidence.

"T-thank you." Charlotte slowly stutters out, peeking up at Bryan.

"So... tell me about your life before all of this." He says cutting into his piece of steak slowly, his eyes never leaving charlottes. "I want you to tell me everything." Bryan's brings a piece of steak to his lips.

Charlotte watches him slowly eat, watching the way his mouth moves with each bite. How he licks his lips before he swallows. She longed Bryan's lips on hers, she wanted to thank him for being her rescuer, but she wasn't quite comfortable with that yet.

"Well like any southern girl, my parents encouraged me to do pagents, I also did gymnastics... but my favorite thing to do when I wasn't all dolled up was go out into the field and play with the cows." Charlotte states, as she takes a small bite of her tortellini, covering her mouth as she starts talking again. "They were so gentle, my father would just smile at me every time I came inside with my boots all muddy, and my hair all high in a bun with hay in it." She laughs softly.

Her laugh was intoxicating to Bryan. Even the way she talked, the small southern accent that would sneak out softly as she spoke Everything about her was what he wanted, what he needed to have.