Chapter 34

Third Person POV

Masky and Toby were eventually found by the others who picked them up and raced them back to the mansion.

They realized some of them were missing and hoped that they had simply lost their way in the woods.

When several hours passed by, they concluded that the missing pastas must have "died". Even though they knew their comrades would surely wake up after a few days, this still didn't dispel their concern. It was still possible that the Unknown has taken the bodies prisoner.

And then of course there was (Y/N).

Everyone had mentally agreed that there was no where the human could have survived that explosion. They all shared looks of sadness, but no one shed any tears.

At least... not until they were each behind closed doors.

In the security of their own rooms, each and every pasta wept for the loss of (Y/N). Maybe she hadn't been a creepypasta like the rest of them, but she was family.

She had managed to weasel her way into the hearts of all the pastas and some couldn't hate her more for that.

How dare she make them feel emotion.

Slenderman as well as a few others couldn't sleep. They tossed and turned, haunted by images of the battle.

Did they win?

Although, either way they didn't really win if it meant losing (Y/N).

Ah yes, (Y/N).

She plagued Slendermans mind.

How didn't he notice her?

She had just popped up out of nowhere.

Perhaps Slender had just been too caught up in battle. That must be it.

But then what in the world was she thinking?

Slender recalled (Y/N)s final thoughts.

She must have had some sort of plan.

Why else would she have asked for Slender to trust her so badly? Why else would she have ordered the others to move?

But then did that mean that (Y/N) set off the explosion? How could she have done it?

Slender reasoned that she must have found explosives in the mansion somewhere.

Why? Why did (Y/N) do that?! Why couldn't she have just stayed home like he'd told her to?!

Slender's nonexistent heart ached. He felt pain. Slender sat up in bed and slammed his fist against the mattress. He crouched over and held his head in frustration. Slender was hurting.

And he wasn't the only one.

It isn't hard to say that Toby was hurting the most.

After retiring to his room he couldn't stop the tears from falling. Toby might not have been able to feel physical pain, but he almost wished he could. It'd hurt much less than the pain he was feeling now.

Toby screamed in agony. His fist made contact with the wall and then he stormed out of the mansion.

No one stopped him.

They all knew he needed time to cope.

Toby went right for the trees and when he got there, he swung his axe violently, splintering all wood in his sight. And even when trees began to topple, he still continued insistently hacking at their fallen trunks. And he continued this until his body physically could not keep up anymore and he fell to the ground.

Toby slept on the forest floor that night.

Over the course of a few days, the pastas decided that it'd be fit to hold a funeral for (Y/N). They built a coffin and stuffed it with flowers and everything that reminded them of (Y/N). Then they dug the hole and lowered the coffin in. Everyone spoke of (Y/N)'s impact and what she meant to them.

Toby tried to speak, but he couldn't get any words out, only sobs. Throughout the whole service, Masky let him cry into his shoulder and everyone silently agreed that they would pretend like Toby had never let them see him at his weakest.

When they finally began to bury the coffin, Slender experienced yet another intense pain. And as he gazed into the grave he vowed that he would never let another human enter the mansion ever again.

Humans caused too much pain.

About a week after the funeral, Slenderman made this clear to all the pastas.

One thing he said seemed to stick out more than the rest.

"We might not be able to feel very many emotions, or feel physical pain, and we might not be able to die either, but when a human enters into our lives that all changes. Suddenly we become weak due to our newfound feelings. We feel a pain much greater than any physical pain we could ever experience. And while we don't die on the outside, we all die a little on the inside. I cannot allow this to happen again."

So the pastas continued living.

Though they were broken, they carried on.

It's what (Y/N) would have wanted, they thought.

The Unknown silently slipped into the shadows again, wordlessly declaring the creepypastas to be victorious. But the pastas didn't celebrate.

About a month after the battle, Jeff returned to the site of it all. He didn't know what he was looking for, but he searched the whole perimeter. And then he found the site of the explosion.

Jeff fell to the ground on his knees, ash and dust blowing into the air and turning his white hoodie grey.

He kneeled in the center of it all, where (Y/N) must have been standing, but he saw no evidence that she had ever been there.

Everything in the way zone had been obliterated, meaning that even some of the Unknown didn't survive the blast. One can only be immortal to a point after all. It was sort of difficult to come back from being reduced to ashes.

Jeff ran his hand across the ashes and though he'd never admit it, a few tears might have slipped out of his eyes at the thought that he might be touching what remained of (Y/N).

When he returned to the mansion, no one questioned the sad look in his eyes or the grey tint to his clothes.

Jeff began drinking heavily and though the pastas knew they should stop him, they couldn't bring themselves to.

Jeff has lost much more than (Y/N).

He had lost Smile too.

He looked for his best friend relentlessly but was never able to find him.

He wasn't the same after that.

Many of them weren't.

But they tried their best to return things to normal.

But it hurt, because deep down, (Y/N) had become their normal. And now she was gone.

•••••
1102 words

GUYS DONT HURT ME
I KNOW IT TOOK A WHILE TO UPDATE BUT IM HERE OKAY

AND ITS NOT OVER!!!!

There's still one or two more chapters.

I know it seems really sad right now, but I always try to end my stories on some sort of happy note!

And... if you guys are lucky, I might just do a double update depending on if I manage to write the next chapter or not.

Anyway,
Thoughts? Comments?

Unedited

P.S. this update lowkey hurt me to write... like I got myself in my feelings. I can only imagine what I did to you guys. Ahaha plz don't attack me.