18 | nσ ℓσνє αℓℓσωє∂

Like a bullet your love hit me to the core
I was flying 'till you knocked me to the floor

Chapter 18 ~ No Love Allowed

Ryan Rivera

Everything started to go to shit on Wednesday.

It all started when I strolled into AP Chem at 8:45, a tad bit late, only to discover that this was the third day in a row that I hadn't seen neither Felix nor Bobby. I shrugged off their absences on Monday and Tuesday because I figured that they both needed the necessary time to reassess their lives since (1) Felix stuck his tongue into my mouth and touched me in a lot of places, even though I didn't mind all that much, and (2) Bobby and I had decided to end our friendship for good, though that was mostly on my part.

I had expected to see them both when I walked into class, but to no avail we were stuck with yet another substitute teacher with just weeks left until the AP exams, and Bobby still hadn't showed up to school in three days.

As I shuffled over to my designated seat beside Preston, my eyes remained glued to Bobby's empty seat behind me. I must've fallen into a trance just staring at the lonely stool because Preston had to nudge my shoulder to bring me back into reality.

"You did a pretty good job on the test," he said.

I whipped around to stare at the paper that the substitute had just handed out. There, in the top left corner marked with red ink, was a 'B'. I wanted to smile but my face muscles refused to make the gesture especially when they knew that this grade was only possible because of Felix, who was very instrumental in the process of me letting go of Bobby in the first place. If he didn't resurface anytime soon, I was going to be absolutely screwed for the AP exams.

Thoughts of Felix and Bobby's whereabouts plagued my mind for the rest of the day, so much so that I couldn't focus in any of my other classes. I wanted to know what was going on, but I knew that knowing would only bring me deeper into their lives—something I swore to myself I didn't need.

Kissing Felix was everything I ever imagined it would be, but his reaction made it clear that he was only looking out for his own self-interests. That would've been fine by me, but he seemed to forget that he started this mess by kissing me at the carnival in the first place.

And Bobby ... oh, Bobby ... kissing him felt like heaven on earth. It felt as if all those moments of emotional anguish and frustration didn't matter anymore because I was finally in his arms with my lips on his. My happiness was short-lived, as it always is in this seemingly never-ending soap opera that was my life, because it turned out that Bobby hadn't changed. Bobby was the same selfish prick who didn't care about who he hurt in the process of unapologetically being himself.

I didn't need them, I chanted to myself as I marched through the hallways, pushing and squeezing my way through the sea of students making their way to the main exit for free period. I tricked myself into thinking that I wasn't at all bothered by the current situation at hand until said situation jumped in front of me with her hands folded against her chest and accusing eyes.

"Where's Bobby?" Liza questioned with a certain fiery tone.

I scoffed as I began to push past her. "How should I know? He's your boyfriend."

She caught up to me, but this time she snaked a hand around my arm to pull me back. "Seriously, I haven't heard from him since Friday when he left to see you."