Chapter 11- Mates

"Ryan? Its okay, I'm sorry. I don;t know what I did. Its okay" Izzy rushes forward to help me. I can hear the crunch of leaves under peoples feet behind me. I'm sitting on the ground, rubbing tears off my cheeks.

"Its okay. You didn't do anything. It was just a memory" I sigh, biting back a sob. I tried to stand up on shaky legs, I dont remember sitting down. I turn to see my family, both new and old, rushing over. I run towards mt Dad and toss myself into his arms. 

"Daddy" I cry, sobbing agaisnt his chest, I can feel the weird looks of my pack, along with a look of hurt from Leo peircing my back. Right now I dont care.

"Its okay, babygirl" He sooths, rubbing my back. "What is it?"

"She looks like Carrie" I whisper, he nods with pained eyes.

"What did you do?" growls Charlie his voice traveling towards Izzy, Dave lets out a warning sound.

"Nothing!" Izzy huffs, pain laced in her voice

"Yeah. Right" he scoffs, I take a deep breath and pull away. I turn to face my brother

"She didn't do anything, leave her alone" I mumble, my voice scracthy. Leo looks at me with his big green eyes and I nearly flinch under his gaze. 

"Whatever, Ryan" he grumbles. Noah and Reeve roll their eyes, totaly use to his childish behovour. The girls dont rely. Leo on the other hand doesnt take so lighty to the sass.

"Don't talk to her like that!" he rumbles. Dad lets me go to calm him down, I walk over to him and he pulls me protectivly into his chest, I can tell he's still glaring at Charlie. 

"Don't tell me what to do, pup" huffs Charlie. Dave lets out a dry laugh.

"You could take a page from his book, look at the mess you've made" Dave snaps. I twist to see Charlie's eyes go dark.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Charlie seethes. 

"You wont find someone better for your obnoxis, egostistic ass than izzy. You dont deserve her. She can do so much better then a dick like you. and you dont give her the time of day. Leo cleaned up his mess, you just keep adding to it" growls Dave. Silence falls around us for a milisecond, we all hold our breath. Charlie shifts and jumps at Dave. I gasp, as Leo pulls me away.Insticnt kicks in. I push out of his grasp and shift. Tossing myself bewteen them, knowing that Charlie wouldn't dare lay a hurtful paw on me. 

Dave lands on me, and hurridly jumps off. But not in time for Leo's clothes to be shreaded and a wolf with green eyes to stand where he was. He pounced on Dave, menicaing growls erupcting form their chest. 

"Enough!" booms Dad. We all freeze at the comand. "Go and get clothes on, no more fighting. We will handle this like adults."

We do as we're told. I was handed Reeve's shirt and I slipped it on. It covered me. the boys trotted off behind the house and remerging with shorts on. My breath catches in my throat at the sight of Leo's bare chest. I look away blushing. Leo walks over to me, standing a mere inche away. But he doesnt touch me.

"Now... This is just one big misunderstanding. Izzy didn't hurt Ryan. Dave didn't mean to step on her. Charlie, I hope, isn't intentionally hurting Izzy. Leo is just defending Ryan. Let's act our age and move on." the authority in our Alpha's voice makes me cringe. I look up at Leo to see him staring at me with shielded eyes

"I'm sorry" I whisper through our mindlink "I wasn't thinking clearly. I'm okay, i'll explain everything. I promise. I'm so sorry"

His eyes soften at my words, a little smile plays on his face. I bite my bottom lip nervously. "You scare me sometimes, Princess. You know that? I think I'd go crazy if someone hurt you."