Chapter 2

Satya entered inside Nandini's room, which was summoned to darkness. She had drawn the curtains and not even a single light was on to save the room from dark, Satya kept calling her name but there was no response.. Satya got scared to death, what if she took some drastic step. She hurriedly moved towards switch board and switched on all the lights but was stunned to see the condition of the room..

Everything was scattered here and there, all the things made up of glass were lying flat on floor broken into million pieces, it looked like some storm had came there a while ago.

And that was not wrong completely a storm was going on, which had destroyed her final hope, hope of being saved, hope of being out one day from this hell hole. Nandini was shocked on this new revelation, she was leaving one hell to be thrown into another. Madhyam was her scariest nightmare which was going to be come true. Satya looked here and there and found her sitting in a corner with her knees hugged to her chest, her condition was real bad, her tears had dried and she was just blank. Satya ran towards her and hugged her tight. Nandini didn't respond, she was too blank to do anything right now.

Satya– Nandini my child, what have you done with the room, with yourself, show me are you hurt? 

Nandini – My life has given me so much wounds, that I don't feel pained with all these bruises Aunty. 

She was hurt to no extent, Satya felt bad for this poor soul, who was repaying for god knows what.

Satya– Nandini your bad days are going to be over now. You should be happy, Madhyam is a good boy and I know my nephew, he likes you. After marriage he will take you to Mumbai and he will keep you happy. If he troubles you, then tell me I will pull his ears. 

Satya laugh a little, Nandini look at her face, how innocent her Aunt is, she don't know her nephew was no less than a devil, everything is finished, her life, her dreams, all are over now no one can save her. She knew her fate, but she doesn't want to accept it, so always kept a little hope alive, but today god has shown no mercy on crushing that little one too.

How ironical life is, her parents always taught her that nothing goes wrong with good people, if you have not done any wrong with anyone. So what she did wrong to deserve all this, to face the harsh reality of the world.

Is money everything, didn't his uncle feel a little bit of love or may  be sympathy towards her, after all she was his blood, his family. She didn't knew when did Satya left, she didn't knew when did she Stopped weeping. She could clearly see an end of her life, Her body was numb and deprived of feeling any pain. She wanted to get herself free from this painful life, she want to go back to her parents, she wants to sleep in her Mother's embrace, she wants to feel his Father's loving kiss on her forehead. She didn't knew when sleep took over her...

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It was 9:00 p.m. when Manik entered the Malhotra Mansion being all tired, He was precisely living a robotic life, which holds a schedule that he was following without feeling any thing inside his heart, he took slow and steady steps inside the hall, but was stopped abruptly being a bit confused, The scene was not what he was witnessing from last 2 years whenever he come back home.

While the scene seems to be of time when they were a one small happy family, All the workers were on their toes moving here and there hurriedly with a smile on their faces. Mary was standing there with a wide smile on her face, he move towards her to clear his confusion but was stopped in his tracks, when he saw Neyonika coming out from the kitchen all smiling with a dish in her hand. She looked at her son and her smile grew wide.