chap. 15

"So he haven't called or nothing?"

"No and it's eating me up inside. I finally found someone in my family that's good for me babe and now he's just gone" Gelo and I were on face time talking about maleek.

Since the day of the audition when he stormed off I haven't heard from him and when I ask Cece about him she's like

'Just give him time I mean you did keep such a big thing from him'.

I don't know whether to be mad at her because she's taking his side or happy that she's happy with him and defending him.

"You haven't heard from Cece either?" I sat up on my bed and walked to my laptop as I heard my notifications going off.

"No I haven't heard from her since last week but I know he's staying at her house" I enter my password and went to my emails to see what the commotion was.

As I read the lines before me I felt my day brighten to a hundred kilowatts.

Congratulations! you were chosen as one of the models from last week's audition. A meeting will be held at the same location on the 15th to discuss further details.

"Ahhhhh! Oh my god, oh my god babe I got it!" I realized by now that he's looking at me like I'm crazy but .......idgaf right now.

I was jumping around my room excitedly while gelo was asking what I'm so excited about.

"Babe I'm officially a model! I went to an audition last week and I killed it and they just told me I got through"

"Oh I'm happy for you" well damn. You could at least try to sound like it.

I look at my phone screen and saw him looking at me with a blank expression.

"Babe what?" I watch as he licked his lips and looked down.

"How come you didn't tell me bout this shit?" tell him what?

"What? I just told you. I wanted to be sure I was going to get through before I said anyth-"

"Nah. So you didn't think about telling me this before you auditioned?" for what?

"Uh I- no I didn't think of asking you because I was sure of what I wanted" call it selfish but I just don't think I need his permission for anything I do.

He was now laughing humorlessly.

"Just do you then" beep.

Did he jus-? Maybe it was bad connection cause I know he didn't just hang up in my face.

Someone get me some paper
Someone get me some crayo-

See? He's calling back so it was bad connection.

"Bab-"

"I was just gon' ignore yo ass but prepare yourself cause I'm booking a flight back right now" beep.

So he did hang up.

Prepare myself for what though?
_________________

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.

Who the hell is that? Banging on ma door like the damn cops.

Throwing the dishtowel on the island I trudge to the door ready to cuss out whoever the fuck it is.

Unlocking the door, I swing it open ready for whoever was there.

"Why the fuck you bang- oh! Babe? Wha-?"

The words got stuck in my throat as he grabs my throat, but not rough enough to hurt me, before pushing me inside and closing the door.

"Bab-"