Chapter 10

The world slowly faded in. The next thing I knew I was starting at a dark ceiling. I rubbed my head and looked around. I notice Damon was unconscious laying next to me.

Idiot, I thought. Why did he follow me out of the compound?

I shook him until his eyes opened. I saw confusion then realization spread across his face as he took me in and the room we were in.

"Ah, you're finally awake" A voice said from the other side of the room. I looked over to see Esther and Mikael standing there. Damon stood up in front of me. The veins in his face becoming pronounced.

"No need, little vampire, if I wanted to kill her, she would already be dead" Mikael told him as he took a step closer to me.

I haven't been this close to my father in over 800 years. I know he chased my siblings for a while, before I became a vampire. That is what help drive my want to change, so I could protect the innocents that were getting slaughtered from them.

"Don't come any closer" Damon threatened. Mikael laughed and took another step closer. Damon moved at instant speed towards him.

I didn't noticed the salt circle until the last second. I couldn't stop Damon. He smashed into the invisible barrier. A smug look broke out onto Mikael's face. "You stupid little vampire"

"Enough" Esther told him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't even know why you need this insignificant witch, my love" Mikael murmured turning towards Esther.

"Insignificant? I would imagine your daughter wouldn't be insignificant to you," I mentioned to Mikael as I helped Damon off the ground.

Mikael gave a scoff. "My daughters are Freya and Rebekah."

I looked towards Esther, her eyes were wide.

"You didn't even tell him? You brought him back and didn't think you had to mention it?" I asked motioning towards me and Mikael.

"Told me what, witch" Mikael growled out.

"Esther is my mother and you are my father. If you don't believe me, ask her." I pointed towards Esther. Mikael looked at Esther.

"It's true, my lover. She was our last child. I hid her with Ayanna Bennett, a long time ago." Esther explained taking a step back from Mikael. She knew my father well, he was an angry man. "I didn't know if my spell would work. I needed at least one of our children to live" she pleaded with Mikael.

This is not how I imagined meeting my father, I thought as Mikael grimaced at me. I never though I would meet my father, seeing as he was supposed to be long dead. He was also a rampaging monster, worse then Klaus or any of my other siblings.

"Mikael, my love, we must stay focused on the plan. She is a VAMPIRE. A dying one, but still a vampire."Esther continued on. I think she hopes to make sure my father remained on her side rather than betray her.

Damon's head snapped towards me as Esther spoke these words. I gave a nod towards him. Oh yes, Damon, I'm dying.

"Fine, my love" He told her before rushing towards the circle at vampire speed. He grabbed Damon through the barrier and injected a syringe into Damon. Damon's face immediately twisted in pain and he fell to his knees.

Before Mikael could pull away from Damon, I ran towards Mikael and sunk my teeth into him drinking his blood. I could feel my strength returning at full force. Mikael gave a shout before releasing Damon and dropping the syringe.

I picked up the syringe and gave it a sniff. Vervain.

"STUPID GIRL!" Mikael roared at me.

"Mikael! Leave them" Esther motioned him out. He gave a grumbled before turning and walking out. Once they left I bent towards Damon. I could see he was in pain.