Chapter III

After an hour of sobbing and hyperventilating at my door I gripped myself together and headed for my shower carelessly stripping my clothes away with only one motive on my mind. In the shower I let the hot water strike my body as I cried once again, I had never experienced so much fear and I was probably a witness to a murder.

How would I tell Telo that her own brother is a murderer but I felt like there was more to this than it seemed. How did Mateo know where I live?! I was too scared for my mind to register that the psycho knew exactly where I stayed. The only thing that I was concerned with at that time was getting the hell away from him. Maybe Telo or Marco told him I tried to convince myself. I got out of the shower and pulled on my sleep attire and crashed on my bed. Closing my eyes he was all I could see, his shirt painted with blood, his cold dark blueish grey eyes. After a while of tossing and turning I finally slept, with the wish of never crossing paths with Mateo Marino ever again.

….

This whole week has been busy for me, I couldn’t find comfort in Telo at this point in my life the only kind of friend that was there for me was Megan. I went back to work and acted as if everything was normal, I would silently pray at night that Mateo would not come back and I knew from the moment I got out of his car I could not go to the police, yes I was scared but I wasn’t dumb.

The man knew I would hear the gun shots and that I would contemplate on going to the cops. I was not about to land myself into more trouble. Everything was slowly beginning to go back to normal. Today at the hospital I spent majority of my time with my patient Anna she was a eight year old little girl who was too smart for her age.

Anna had a rare case of the Cardiovascular disease it was rare because she didn’t really have the specific cholesterol issues to have the disease. She had been complaining about chest pains to her mom and when she was brought in it took us by surprise to find out that she had the cardiovascular disease, I examined her and found fatty plaque around her artery wall that made the arteries become narrowed and hardened inhibiting blood flow through the arteries and this was caused by her high blood pressure, I wasn’t too convinced so I kept her in just for a week to monitor her.

We could talk all day about any and everything and she was also my Spanish teacher she claimed I sounded like a botcho or botcha so she was helping me with pronunciation. She honestly brightened up my week and somehow when I was with her I wasn’t worried about Mateo as much. She told me she was happy to leave soon because she misses school and her teacher. She made drawings for me in her spare time when I was busy in the O.R, which I stuck on my fridge. I truly cherished them. It was of her, her mom and me and most of the times it was of her one day being an astronaut.

I checked out of work with a smile on my face and in my hands were Anna’s drawings. I was so happy she was getting checked out tomorrow she could finally go back to school and be with her friends. I hopped in the uber I had called and was happy when we reached my apartment. I got out tipping him and headed into my apartment. I stuck more of Anna’s drawings on my fridge when there wasn’t anymore space left I stuck them on my kitchen wall.

I took a shower changing in my sleep shorts and small tight t-shirt, they were tight because I have had them since college and I could not part with them. Telo and I made so much memories in these… Well I was wearing them when we pulled stunts and goofed around and today I felt so happy and nostalgic I decided it was reminiscing day for me. I didn’t feel like cooking today nor did I feel like having yesterday’s left overs so I called in for pizza.

I sighed gobbling the pizza down while watching my series which always kept me at my toes laughing and screaming at the screen. There was a knock on the door making me freeze because I knew damn well Telo wouldn’t knock neither would Marco he would just barge in demanding food with Nicholas. Suddenly someone inserted a key and unlocked my door barging in. I was now on my feet with the remote in my hand aiming for the intruder but when I saw who it was I dropped the remote in fear and felt paralyzed.

I stood there watching him as he closed and locked the door making me quiver in fear. He stood there in all his glory, the sight of him made me scared his clothes were once again drained in blood. He even had blood on his cheek. He had this crazy look in his eyes and you could tell he was livid by the sneer on his face. The blue in his eyes was completely dominated by the dark grey. He looked around before his eyes landed on me.

“Come here.” Was all he said making me want to instantly die. I looked around looking for all escape routes.

“I-is that blood on you?” I asked the dumbest question ever hoping to buy more time to figure out a way to get out of this situation.

The anger in his eyes scared me, what if he decided to take it out on me. To be honest all of my life I was protected from the world by my mom and guy friends who acted as my brothers. I have no siblings I’m an only child. So how in the world would I protect myself, the closest I was to danger was when I was in grade 12 and this girl pulled out a switch blade on me and I beat the shit out of her out of instinct. When I compare that girl to Mateo I am screwed… A hundred percent screwed.

“Yes, Now come here.”

My feet moved on their own making their way towards him but cautiously standing a few feet away from him. He stepped closer and I made no move to move away fearing for my life. His thumb slowly caressed my cheek sighing, I could feel the blood he left on my cheek triggering my glossy eyes.

“I just need you.” Was all he said intensely looking in my eyes. Then he started dragging me upstairs.

“W-wait what are you doing?” my voice meekly asked in fear.

“We are taking a shower.” All the red alarms went off in my head as I tried pulling myself away from him which obviously didn’t work. The man was twice my size.

“Please no.. Please stop I don’t want to shower with you.” I have never felt so powerless in my entire life. I felt as if this man could destroy me and everything I loved if he pleased. He made me feel so small and tiny. My gut kept screaming at me that something is mentally wrong with this man, when he was mad he looked so evil and ruthless, he looked like he was capable of killing millions of people without remorse. There was something in his eyes that scared me, something that I couldn’t understand it sent shivers down my spine.

“I wasn’t fucking asking I said we are taking a shower.” His voiced boomed coated with his thick accent.

“P-please Mateo-“ we reached my room and he shut the door making me stop talking and rush for the window with tears slowly blinding my vision. I was dragged by my waist to the bathroom crying and begging. He suddenly stopped and turned me around to face him, he tilted my head up towards him looking me in the eye.

“I dare you to try and run from me again and see where that lands you and stop fucking fighting me before I make you regret it. “ he gritted out I completely stopped fighting and just cried looking at the unlocked door a few feet away from me. He started stripping making me cry harder and feel uncomfortable. I have never shown my body to any man. I didn’t know what he was planning to do to me and that is what scared me.

He was done stripping all his clothes off. Mateo was well built his body was of a god of course, you could tell he worked out his body held some scars that told ugly stories, his packs were perfectly crafted his thick arms were adorned with veins then there was the v line that led to what was between his legs which caught all of my attention. I looked at the thing between his legs cautiously scared I had never seen anything like it. It scared me, it was long, veiny and so thick. I had zero sex experience neither have I ever seen a penis like this.

“Strip or I will tear your clothes off. “ he said all of a sudden calm way too calm. I felt so scared my body started raking sobs as I put my hands together begging him to let me go when he gave me a dark look in return that made my hands start to tremblingly remove my clothes I could feel his eyes on me. When I was done my eyes wouldn’t meet his. I felt so exposed and violated.

He took my hand and lead me into the shower. I made sure to press my body into the wall trying to be as far away from him as possible. The water hit our bodies my eyes were on the floor watching the blood that was washed away from his body by the water go down the drain.

When his hands touched my body I jumped away from him. The look he gave me made me come back to my original position. I looked at his emotionless dark eyes, something wasn’t right with him. He gripped my waist and pulled my body against his harshly, our bodies were crushed together I could feel his wide awake member on my stomach.

“Don’t you ever move away from me.” He emphasised every word looking down at me.

Then he started washing me when his hands reached my sensitive parts I shivered looking anywhere but him when he was done he made me wash him. He dried me off and told me to put on some clothes while he dried off and I gladly left the bathroom tremendously shaking, I finished dressing into my night wear as he came out of the shower stark naked.

He ordered me to get in bed while he went to switch off the lights. He then made his way to bed and got in wrapping his thick arms around my waist while pulling me close. He commanded me to sleep I tried but I couldn’t my life was falling apart fast because of him and I was terrified of this man. What did he want from me, why was this happening to me, what could I have possibly done to deserve this. When I moved to Mexico this is not how I had pictured my future.

...