11.

Chapter 11

It had been atleast five days since I saw Xavier. He was more stubborn than anticipated and it annoyed the hell out of me.

The subject was still touchy even after five days. I was overly embarrassed, overly annoyed and overly pissed off at the stupid male. When Katie brought up the topic or even then subject of Xavier I couldn't help but snap.

He left me there throwing stupid, useless and pathetic excuses my way. "Stay away from me, I'm no good!" No you're not any good, you're bad for my health and I wanted to stay mad at you forever.

But my anger was fading day by day, and even on the fifth day I just wanted to talk to him again. He was like a magnet, one I couldn't even try to pull away from. I craved to be beside him, to feel him there, to touch him. I wanted his lips on mine again, and that pissed me off more than anything.

I didn't have many classes with him and I was more than grateful, I didn't think I could cope.

Five days was a long time and I was still banging on about the topic. My brain was beginning to tell me what a pathetic excuse of a woman I was. I knew I was, but the pathetic excuse of a male did this to me.

Why did it matter anyway? It shouldn't. I shook my head as I rid all thoughts. I didn't want to get carried away with my thoughts on Xavier.  It happened more than it should.

"I thought you went to another planet then," Mali said as she sipped from her cup as she sat opposite me.

"Sorry, what?" My brain came back down from the clouds, and I was grateful.

"Something the matter?" She asked as she dumped her cup back down and looked to me with an attentive look.

"No," I replied back as I huffed. Katie and Mali looked to each other and I knew the look they gave each other. I chose to ignore it.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt I am," Katie interjected as she leaned forward, "but you've had a face like a slapped arse for the last couple of days and you're extremely anti sociable," Mali looked to her and Katie added, "more than usual," she replied with a smile and a nod and I just looked down to the table.

"I'm fine, honestly, nothing is the matter," I smiled but it must have come out a little weird. I was still pissed off and annoyed, no doubt about it. But I still didn't understand why.

Suddenly, from the corner of my eye I saw his muscled figure breeze into the room. I could almost hear the scuff of his shoes, and I could almost feel his presence before I saw him.

I turned away as he looked over. He could fuck right off. 

As he sat down on the table opposite me, on his lonesome, I picked my body up from the chair and went to leave.

"Emily," I heard his rumbled voice call out my name through the noise of others around me. I stopped for a moment and freezed. His voice stupidly made me incapable to move.

I shook out of it and my feet went into action again. I walked away.

"Emily," his voice was louder this time and I could hear it loud and clear even when I was just a few centimetres away from the door. It was like the whole room went quiet.

I didn't bother to wait, I didn't want to embarrass myself, and I was still pissed off at him. I was a woman and I was allowed to be annoyed.

I continued to walk, leaving him there calling after me.

I didn't get far until my elbow was being gripped by a large rough hand.

"Emily, don't walk away from me," his voice contained a certain amount of agitation and anger.