[9]

Amara's POV

"Ms. Mahmoud, are you alright?" Dr. Adams asks when Peter and I walk in.

"Yes, Sir. Sorry for abruptly leaving." I apologize.

"It's quite alright. I know Mr. Bilal can be a handful sometimes. Well, I'm glad to see you two sorted things out." He stares at Peter holding my arm.

"Y-you can let go of my arm now..." I whisper to Peter as we sit down at our desks.

"Oh. Right." He lets go.

"I expect great things from you two." The professor says.

What does he mean?

"So... There's another party coming up..." Peter says.

"No, thank you. I'm over it." I politely turn down the invitation.

There's rumours about Daamir and I going around... I'm not about to become the centre of news for these university kids. 

"Beena's agreed and she said she doesn't go to parties without you, Zoya and Dina." Peter states.

"She's going to have to sit this one out, then." I stand my ground.

"Come on!" He pleads.

"No." I say, flatly.

"Pretty please?" He pouts.

"Read my lips: N-O." I emphasize the letters.

"You have really lovely lips." He grins.

His comment makes my stomach do somersaults.

"N-no." This time, my voice falters slightly.

"Fine, I'll take Beena by myself." He says, stubbornly.

"That's not happening." I say.

He looks at me challenging me to stop him. Knowing Beena, she will go along with him, without a doubt.

I'm losing this fight.

I sigh. "I'll think about it."

"Yes!" Peter can sometimes act like a small child, so not giving into his commands has started to become harder and harder.

I'm becoming frustrated with myself for not being able to avoid his daily commands.

Sometimes, I wonder if he's an only child or maybe he's the youngest in his family because he does seem spoiled. However, he doesn't look like someone who comes from a very wealthy family, he looks pretty normal.

Sure, he looks like he could play the very attractive, long lost prince of Saudi Arabia, but I'm assuming he's middle class or upper-middle class. He looks like the type who would be extremely flashy if he had the money to buy whatever he pleases.

"Hey, since class just ended, could you help me take these to my car? It'll only take five minutes, I'm parked right in front of this building." Peter interrupts my thoughts.

"Yeah. Sure." I nod.

I tell Dina to wait for me in front of the entrance of the building, while I help Peter put away his stacks of binders.