Chapter 7: it's a date then part 2, the wait.

An: ok this chapter make my lazy mind work. Seriously I was so lazy and bored. It's the holidays and I don't want to do anything yet I want to do something cuz I'm bored. But I manged to write this so yeahhh. Please read the authors notes at the end.
---------------------------------------------------
*Ruby pov*

I spring out of bed once the sunlight hit my face. I purposely didn't close the blinds so I would wake up early. And the reason behind it? Because I was going on a date with Princess Weiss. A friendly date but close enough. I headed to the kitchen and started to cook breakfast for dad and Yang.

I hummed a Melody as I cooked. It was funny we just met each other because of me crashing into her could cause me to fall in love with her. I mean Yang tried really hard to hook me up with someone but they didn't make me feel how Princess Weiss made me feel. I suddenly stopped cooking. My happy expression turned into a sad one. I just realised that Princess Weiss was a Noble and to top it of she was the princess of vale. How could she possibly like me? Does she even likes girls?

I shaked my head and got back to cooking before the breakfast might got burnt. Once breakfast was done, I wrote a note for Yang and dad before heading out. I walked towards the shop. After while, the door was opened. I didn't looked up as I was busy with something.

"Hello welcome to Xiao Long Rose craft. Sorry we are close for today. I was here to tidy some things up."

James ironwood:"it's okay I am here to pass the measurements for Princess Weiss's rapier. "

I looked up and saw captain ironwood. I stopped what I was doing and grabbed the paper. I looked through it.

"You are not wrong when you say you would pass this by tomorrow. "

James ironwood:" Well she wanted it as Soon as possible."

"Why thank you. I will start on this one once I was finished on the others."

Captain ironwood just nodded before heading out. I looked through it again before putting it in a safe under the counter. ' better get what I need to do done before closing the shop for the day!'

*Time skip*

I was running to the previous area where princess Weiss and I were. It was almost noon and thanks God I managed to finish what I needed to do. I looked at the White, yellow and red roses bouquet with another small white soft toy dog on it that I was holding. I manged to get these on the way here. I just thought I should give something on this first date though it was not really a date. 'and she seem to like the dog too!' I wanted to give all white roses but white roses stands for love and I was not sure how she felt so I added other colours like red that stands for me and passion and yellow for friendship.

Once I reached there I realised Princess Weiss wasn't there. 'hmm maybe I was too early. Oh well! I will just wait.'

So I waited.

And waited....

And waited.

The sun had raise high in the sky and now it was setting. And I was still waiting. By each hour past my hope of her coming fainted. Then before I knew, It was night already. I was hungry and cold yet I felt nothing  I felt nothing but hurt  The street light up because of the darkness. I stood up without realizing that I was tearing up. I decided not to wait anymore. Mentally slapping myself why would a princess would want to meet a peasant like me again? I bet she had already threw my mother's spare cape already...

Even though we have not dated but my heart felt like it was broken into many pieces. My hope and dreams of being with her just disappeared. I dropped the bouquet on the floor and I walked back to the shop.'what a day wasted! I couldn't believe I waste my time chasing a girl when I know I can't have.' After all I was a peasant and she was just a princess. I decided to work over time to make up for the time I wasted. Mentally yelling myself that was why I didn't wanted to chase after love.