Chapter Twenty Five - Never Settle

Vote, Comment, Follow. You know the drill x

I wish you were in my life a long, long time ago.

KAYLEIGH ELLIOTT

When I wake up, I feel like Tutankhamen who has risen from the dead. Kayden is fast asleep beside me, his messy brown hair covering his white cased pillow.

I reach for my phone on the bedside table and tap the screen.

6:14AM

Shit. I had slept for well over 12 hours.

A hand runs over my face. I was in desperate need of a shower, I felt fucking gross.

Quietly pulling the covers off me in attempt to not wake Kayden, I make my way to his own bathroom. The big rainfall shower almost gave me chills just looking at it. For once in my life, no shitty water pressure from the showers at college.

I turn on the water to a hot setting and strip my clothes. Letting the water hit my skin, I let out the most satisfying sigh. Inhaling the thick steam. Washing my hair and my body with Kayden's lovely choice of toiletries, I wanted to stay here forever and let the water run over my skin.

Everything about it was amazing. It was a damn shower for God's sake. Poverty college life was real.

The steamed up shower door opens which creates a quiet squeak. I turn around to see Kayden standing in front of me stark naked.

I didn't look. I swear. My heart officially has stopped.

The water hits the side of his head, letting his dark hair become wet. It sticks firmly to his forehead. All I can do is stare at him.

He steps closer to me until my back hits the wall. The cold tiles press into my sizzling skin.

Had I breathed yet?

I take a small breath but then Kayden places his hand on my damp cheek. Stopped breathing again. Kayden's hard eyes watch me carefully.

God, the air was so thick in here. Everything felt so tense. His warm lips graze my jaw. I could just about hear my heartbeat in my ears over the sound of the shower.

Kayden's other hand trails soft, delicate shapes on my forearm. Lips moving down and around my neck, moving agonisingly slow. I was on fire but my whole body was covered in goosebumps.

"Tell me," Kayden whispers huskily against my skin before he places a kiss on my throat. "Tell me that you don't feel that."

My eyes screw shut as his hand drops from my cheek and laces through my fingers. A soft whimper escapes my lips.

"Tell me that you feel nothing when I touch you," he says quietly before kissing below my ear lobe. I couldn't take much more of this. It was far too early to be this frustrated.

"Tell me that what we have isn't special," his lips move away from me slightly, just enough for us to catch each other's eyes.