vii. ( a bloody bathroom )

MISSING!

MELISSA HAD BEEN laying down on beverly's bed, staring at the ceiling for hours while her best friend did random things around the house to entertain herself.

she even asked mel if she was hungry but she denied and claimed that she didn't have much of an appetite.

from what beverly could see, she was just staring at nothing. her drained eyes were wide open, staying completely still.

to melissa, she was in some kind of trance. she couldn't look away from the material above her. it was like a magnet that tugged on her eyes to make her stay.

she couldn't exactly move her body either. she felt empty and couldn't feel much emotion. melissa wished everything would go back to how it was. of course, that would never happen. hell, it was twenty seven years ago!

she went into deep thought, first thinking about her parents. she was certain that they missed her, but where were they now?

possibly dead, or they could've moved far away from the small town in attempt to get rid of the memory of their only child being taken from them.

she could remember each and every moment she's had with them so vividly. it was like she was reliving them. blood began leaking out of the corner of her eyes, subsituting as tears.

she couldn't feel the liquid that streamed down her face, dripping onto the sheets. one tear became many and many became a lot as each memory flew through her brain, racing rapidly around her thoughts.

by then beverly wasn't in the room so she couldn't have noticed it or even realized since she made no sound or movements.

an unreadable expression fell upon the girl's face. more memories of everything she had gone through in life, every moment with her parents and every second that she spent in school.

it all went by so fast as it slowly but surely broke the girl, then― boom.

high-pitched screams erupt from both girls. beverly had been in the bathroom, hovering over the sink as blood collided into her face.

both screams had been in sync. melissa's body shot up as the red substance poured out onto her features, quickly picking up it's pace.

she lifted herself off of the bed, her vision becoming a blur. she sped over to the bathroom as her heart raced from the sudden outburst.

her breathing was irregular as she tried calming herself down, her white orbs roaming the bathroom to find nothing wrong with it. it looked the exact same to her.

beverly was sitting by the tub, curled up into a ball. she had a frightened look glued onto her, breathing heavily. her dad came rushing in, searching their appearances and the bathroom.

he didn't find anything wrong with either, not even being able to see the blood that stained majority of the brunettes face. "what's going on in here?"

"y-you guys don't see it?" she asked with a shaky voice. the girl slowly shook her head no, not being able to see anything that was wrong. the man beside her didn't answer. "clean yourself up while you're in here."

the ginger quickly nodded, waiting until her father was gone to let out a breath that she hadn't known she was holding. she searched the girl's face, realizing that there was blood streaming down from her eyes.

"were you... c-crying?" she slightly stumbled over her last word, lip still trembling from the previous event that she had gone through.

the girl brought her hand up to her face, lightly touching her cheek. as she began bringing it back down, her eyes widen at the sight of blood.

she quickly went over to the sink, turning the handle. beverly was almost too scared to watch her use the blood covered sink. after all, that was where the blood sprayed out of.

melissa used the water source to clean the liquid off of her fingers without a problem. she stared as her blood mixed in with the water slipped right into the drain.

her eyes switch over to her friend. she seemed to have calmed down once she was in mel's eyesight. "whatever happened, you're gonna be fine. we can call over the losers and see if they can help at all?" she suggests.

beverly chewed on her lip before nodding. the non-colored eyed girl helped the ginger up, staying close next to her while bringing her to the room.

beverly told her what happened with the sink. goosebumps form on melissa's skin, the hairs on the back of her neck raising.

her breath hitched as the information sent shivers down her spine. suddenly feeling dizzy, she excused herself for a moment.

she walked through the dimly lit halls once again, her hand stabilizing her by pressing it up against the wall. the moment her feet touched the ground she felt like she was walking on thin ice.

creeping up to the bathroom door, she gripped onto the handle. turning it, the door opened. the hinges creaked, sending even more chills down the girls body.

as she walked into the bathroom, she felt lightheaded. her world spun in a circular motion as she clutched onto the side of the sink to prevent herself from falling.

the feeling rushed up to her to the point where she could hear her own heartbeat. her breathing pattern quickened as she looked up into the mirror.

the mirror that brought nothing but nightmares to the girl. everytime she looked into it she saw something different.

this time, she saw words. hurtful words to be more specific. it was like she was hallucinating. she'd usually run from all of these words to get away and be alone.

making the attempt of trying to open the door, it appeared to be jammed shut. she began jiggling the door knob only for it to stay locked.

she was on the verge of passing out. she looked away from the mirror, not being able to bear the pure torture she was being put through.

it whispered them into her ears, making it harder for her to avoid. she repeatedly whispered back, go away but it only got louder and louder.

it turned into the clown.

it's razor sharp teeth charged towards the girl for the second time in her life. she barely had any time to slip out of the door and return back to the room with beverly.

shutting the door with minimal space in between, she took a second to catch her breath. her head was still spinning but she decided to ignore it and just go to bed.

"i'm not feeling all that well." melissa told the ginger, sitting atop of the bed. bev nodded, wishing her a good nights rest.

she laid down, shutting her eyelids. turning on her side she seemed to fall asleep in the matter of about one minute. she pushed the whole thing with the clown into the back of her mind.

it was for the best.