14 ~ Home

~ 14 ~

~

The ride on Lady Sif's pitch black horse wasn't long. We crossed the odd rainbow bridge within minutes, and arrived just in time to see Heimdall place his sword inside the machine that would bring me back home. I held the warrior's shoulders tightly, only noticing the stinging of my hand when we halted. As for the red stain on Sif's shoulder...

"Heimdall, we must hurry. Odin is on his way."
The warrior spoke as she effortlessly stopped her horse.

I turned the palm of my hand up, finally seeing the cut. Red was seeping through the lines of my hand, giving me an unsettling feeling.

"Do not worry, Lady Sif. I will ensure her return to Midgard. Do what must be done."
The tall man calmly told her, moving towards us to help me dismount. I took his hand with my unharmed one, mumbling a quick thank you.

"Well then. Arrive safely, will you? Thor's wrath is the last thing Asgard desires."
Sif nodded towards me, ready to rush off again.

"You too, Sif."
I replied, watching her turn the animal around.

Heimdall gently touched my shoulder, grabbing my attention as the sound of hooves hitting the bridge slowly became softer. I moved my hand behind my back, hiding it from the worried man. I would take care of the wound when I got home.

"The journey might be discomforting."
The man spoke gently.
"Especially alone."

I sighed and pressed my nails into the skin of my arm. I shouldn't have expected any different.

"I am certain you will handle it as smoothly as your arrival."
His hand still rested on my shoulder.

Ah, yes, because last time I didn't fall flat on my face.

Heimdall smiled.

"Will you keep an eye on me?"

"Naturally. Call for me and I shall answer."
He walked me towards what seemed like the front of the globe.

"Thanks."

He turned, heading up the stairs and placing his hands on the sword.

"Goodbye, Heimdall."

"Goodbye, Sága."

And the golden colours around me turned into a rainbow, too quickly for me to feel hurt by the fact that he'd gotten my name wrong.