Chapter One:My life.

Rainbow's POV.

What is life?

That's one of the questions some of us ask ourselves when things that use to be so easy becomes difficult or when things that were hard get worse like those times in movies when people ask questions like... 'what's the worst that can happen?'  and it actually gets worse.

Or like those times when we see mothers playing with their giggling kids down the street. And we start to wonder if that's what their lives are about.

Or  when the gardener tends to beautiful flowers with passion.

Or that young couple holding hands down the street.

Sighs...
Even though they are out of sight, I'm sure if i concentrate hard enough I'll hear the man whispering sweet words of assurance to her and their unborn child.

Then again, we can't really be certain if that's what life is about now can we?

As a child growing up i had my whole family behind me in everything i did or was facing.

And i had myself convinced that, maybe that's what my life was about. No... really i thought that's what life in general was about.

As an orphan who grow up in the system, it meant i had a big family because everyone was your sister and brother, and all the nannies were our mothers.

That was until i grew up and started having adults problems of course...and those problem you're wondering is in the shape of a man i love with the whole of my being.

How?

Yes i will tell you all about it as i continue my life's story but for now let's get back to the present.

Shit!
I was in my head again.
He's not going to like it one bit.

Aha!

let me introduce myself.

My name is Rainbow Williams.

I am a wife, a cook, a cleaner and basically anything my husband wants me to be.

My life is really simple you see...all i have to do is do as I'm told and there will be no problems,l

Easy pissy, right?

No, not really...

How do you follow everything a person tells you to do without any protests in this era and time?

Specifically when that said person is your husband and once upon a time the love of your life?

I'm not really making sense am i?

Well...let's put it this way.

As a human being, you have the fundamental and natural right to life, speech, food and other life's basic necessities available to you like electricity, running water and so on, right?

And even when it comes to relationships like marriage, i was meant to understand that it is a partnership and not ownership.

At least that's what Mama always said.
But boy were they wrong because it took almost all of my marital life to understand what that really meant.

You see what I'm doing right now is making breakfast for my dear husband who might or might not even take a bite from it.

Before that i was on my knees scrubbing and making sure the whole house is spotless before anything else, because that's where most our quarrels always starts from.

Back to cooking, i made a little bit of everything known to man when it comes to breakfast: from tea to coffee, toasts, beacon and pancakes.

Because you never know what he's in the mood for and i can't risk it...ever again, not after the faithful day.

(flashback)

"Is my food ready?" He asked and i jolted up from where I'd been sitting as the book dropped to the floor.

"Um...Yes! Just give me a second lemme bring it to you" I replied nervously.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" I didn't know what was more scary at this point, the calmness in his voice when he asked the question or the heated glare he was wearing as i stood frozen to the spot.

"I sai..." (slaps,yells) And i tried shielding myself with my hands.

"I fucking heard what you said bitch! why didn't you put my food on the table before i came out? All you ever do is spend my hard earned money buying unnecessary things, and yet...you, you can't even put a decent meal on the table for me? I work so hard each day so that i won't have to worry about things like this but what do i get?"

"I'm sor...-" I'd tried to say but there was more slaps and yelling.

"Shut the fuck up bitch! Did i say you could talk? So...not only are you wasting my money buying useless stuff, you have also lost all forms of respect towards me?" From that very day i learned what will later become a daily reminder that, there are only fairytale weddings not fairytale marriages.

(End of flashback)

And i was left with a bloody face and broken ribs as he went out that day, and i still can't help but wonder if that's what my is all about?

Is it me?

Is it something i did?

Is that why my parents didn't want me?

There's no way for me to get answers to all this questions and I'll never forget that day, not even in the nearest future...how could i forget?

It was the day everything changed.           

-----------++++++++-+-
                   Author's note.
Hey guys! how's the first chapter?
I'm so excited and i hope you guys are ready to follow me on this amazing adventure. I will try to update as often i can so as not to keep you guys waiting for too long. Have fun reading and don't forget to vote, comment and follow😘🙈