Chapter 12- Marks and Rouges

***Warning there is a short part that contains marking. *******

All too soon a blissful Summer slipped away leaving a roaring, bully infested high school in its place. The thought of going back to school made my skin crawl, but as long as I keep my head down and try not to draw any attention to myself things should go by smoothly.

Leo, Dave and Izzy were going to school, despite them being 18 they had been on the run for so long they thought it would be best to relearn the basics before applying to colleges. We had gone shopping for supplies a few days ago and everyone was ready.

"What's wrong?" asks Leo as we were laying in bed, neither of us sleeping.

"Nothing." I lie

"Clearly somethings wrong, you're jumpy, always going off to la-la land. Tell me, Beautiful. What's wrong?" he murmurs, a low hum to his words

"It's nothing...." I grumble, looking back at the ceiling. His eyes were entirely too alluring. They were demanding answers, while managing to be soft. Painstakingly soft. 

"Tell me" he props himself up on his elbow, angling his body closer to mine so I feel the heat radiating off his legs. 

"It's no big deal, just a little nervous about school. We only have a week till we have to go" I shove the topic away

"Don't lie to me" he says positioning himself so that he's leaning over me. His large frame cupping my smaller one, I may not be tiny, but I'm also not near as broad and strong as Leo.

"I'm not, I'm nervous about school, it starts in a week you know" I say and I'm not lying, just bending the truth at little. And by a little, I mean a lot, and by a lot I mean an embarrassing amount. 

"Why?" he asks, eyebrows pulled together in confusion. His stance stays firm. 

"Its school, everyone's at least a bit nervous on their first day." I stutter and he's silent for a while

"Whats going on at school?" he questions. A hard tone in his voice, one I don't know. One that sounds angry, and fearful, and strained. 

"Huh?" I answer avoiding the question, trying to avoid eye contact. His thumb an forefinger draw my chin into his direct line of vision. 

"What is going on?" he asks looking me directly in the eye. Green on Blue. 

"Why do you think something is going on?" I whisper, a shiver to my voice. 

"I know you, Ryan. Tell me what is going on" he insists. 

"It's not that big of a deal." I mumble, snapping my eyes away from his. 

"Then it shouldn't be hard to tell me" he says frowning slightly

"Its just that....I... um..." I say and heave a sigh, all of the ugly word's that they've carved into me turn around my head. I fear that Leo can see them through my eyes, the stains peers have felt in my moments of weakness. 

"Just what?" he whispers, his tone softens as his eyes trace nervous grip my teeth have taken  on my lip. 

"I don't have....friends" I confess

"You what? C'mon, Ry, that's not possible" he huffs, looking at me with confusion. 

"What do you mean?" I say confuse. My brow furrowing trying to grasp his train of thought. 

"You're you, I would have thought that you have had friends everywhere." he says lying back down beside me. 

"No, Jess is the popular one." I sigh.  Neither of us said anything, I rolled over on top of him and gave him a kiss, that soon deepened. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled away. I rolled off of him.