1|Midnight Visit

"At this broad daylight, why do I feel locked in complete darkness?"
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

-

"Hello, Y/n."

Feeling slightly anxious and nervous, you decided to inhale a fair amount of crisp air. The chilled atmosphere that sent a slight shiver down your body barely bothered you as your mind mingled with the thoughts of how your life has taken a turn. You half smiling, half composed look into the warden's eyes.

Her tousled brown hair was pulled up in a messy bun, clearly showing how it was rushed as she was sleeping just before you decided to appear with your luggage and belongings. The new place, where you will be living for the next four years. You bow to the lady apologetically as she introduces herself as the resident hall director aka the dorm lady; who's going to keep a sharp eye on everyone living in this space. ''I'm so sorry to disturb you at this hour, the bus got delayed-''

''It's okay, Y/n. No worries, it happens. It's Friday tomorrow but it's your first day, so you can rest longer and have a little tour around the campus or the dorm if you would like. For now, these are your pass and keys.'' She smiles, handing you the belongings. You simply nod without saying anything. ''Oh and also, I will revise the rules with you tomorrow morning, but for now you should take some rest.'' She smiles.

You smile back in a friendly manner, seeing that your social anxiety slightly lessening at her friendly and welcoming nature. ''Your room is located on the fourth floor, number 23B.'' She informs.

''Okay, thanks.'' You wanted to ask where to go, but for some reason, before you could open your mouth she turns her heels and walks towards her cupboard. You should have asked her as she was still in the room, but somehow your tongue was cut off so you decided to figure out yourself.

''I will see you tomorrow morning. Good night.'' You bow and take the leave.

You idiot. You mutter to yourself, you should have just asked for help.

Shivering, you attempt to drag your suitcase upstairs. Your eyes catch the huge hallway that looked extremely polished and clean. It had an antique vibe to it, giving the hall a gilded look. The tiles were bright and glossy that shone, even at night. Few lights were still turned on, radiating slight spookiness from the space. The staircase in the middle was wide and spread in two directions. What is this? A dorm or Hogwarts? Why does everything look so damn fancy?

You scoff before turning your eyes and revert your attention to your heavy belongings. You drag them towards the elevator as there was no way you could carry them up to the stairs without losing your lungs.

"This isn't how I expected my first day to be." You whine as you struggle to find the room. Checking the time on your phone, you realise how late you were. It was 3:14 am. You try your best to keep the volume of your luggage to a minimum as you don't wish to wake anyone up. If it wasn't for the stupid bus, you wouldn't reach here at this hour of the night.

"Dear God, help me." You cry. "I told mum not to pack useless shits, but when does she listen?" You complain on your own, hands already aching from all the carrying.

Your heart thumps when you hear a sharp crack. Your head spins around out of reflex but only to find a narrow, long corridor that looks immensely creepy under the yellow lights. "What the hell? Please, all the spirits keep away from me. I'm not that great."