Fifty Five

Jimin sat at his desk on Monday morning staring at the screen on his phone. Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok were squabbling next to him, ignoring the fact Jimin was quieter than usual.

He scrolled up and down his messages with Yoongi, well more like the messages with himself.

All weekend, Jimin had been texting Yoongi like usual, sending him cute good morning messages and asking him whether he ate lunch.
Yoongi never replies though, never even read them.

Jimin didn't know whether he was worried or annoyed.

Was Yoongi ignoring him on purpose?

Surely not.

Jimin frowned a bit before he put his phone away and silently listened to his friends conversations.

Taehyung had his arm around Jungkook while the younger held his hand. Hoseok punched Taehyungs arm for saying something silly and they all laughed. Jimin wasn't listening.

He was busy wondering whether he did something wrong over the weekend. Or maybe at the cinema? Did he say something bad?

Or was Jimin too annoying for Yoongi to talk to all the time?

Surely not.

"Hey guys"

The four of them looked towards the three other boys that greeted them. Namjoon, Seokjin and Yoongi joined the group and a new conversation was brought up. Yoongi walked around and stood behind Jimins chair, placing his hands on the youngers shoulders.

Leaning down, Yoongi whispered a small "Hey" close to the boy's ear.

"Hey" Jimin muttered back, not turning to acknowledge his boyfriend.

You're being petty, he thought to himself.

He'll say something.

Yoongi doesn't say anything else to him. The bell for first period rings and the seven boys spread out, sitting in their individual seats.

Jimin rested his chin in his palm as he stared into the back of Yoongis head.

Sadly, Jimin had a problem of overthinking. Sometimes he thinks of the worst possible situation. Jimin had been trying to fix his excessive worrying, and since he had been with Yoongi, it had improved. Yoongi was often good with reassuring him with his worries and the younger boy felt like he could trust him no matter what. Sometimes Jimin wondered if he relied on Yoongi too much.

Right now, he was finding it hard to control his over thinking.

But ever so often there's a voice in his head that reasons with him, reminding himself he's thinking too much too quickly.

He'll explain later.

There's a reason.

Remember what happened last time when you jumped to conclusions.

Oh yeah.

Jimin was more than glad when the teacher walked through the door, holding folders. There was finally something to distract him; maths. Maybe that would send him to sleep instead.

***

"Are you ok?"

The rehearsal inside Jimins head was quickly disrupted when Yoongi approached him in the lunch queue. He glanced over his shoulder before back to the food laid out behind the glass.

Lie or tell him the truth?

"Yeah, I'm ok" Jimin said half heartedly. It took him a moment to ask back. "You?"