Chapter 8

She looks at us and how close we are and begins to laugh. We both look at her in shock and amusement. Did she suspect something or is she just laughing at something.

"You will never guess what happened at work today," She continues her story and I breath out a sigh of relief. I hear Ryder too. I actually though she knew something was up. She doesn't know who the dad is either. Then Rosie starts crying from upstairs. She looks at me then Ryder with eyes wide.

She knew that I hadn't told very many people yet and probably thought I hadn't told him yet.

"Relax, ma, I already told him, and we need to tell you something too," At that Ryder elbows my side, lightly of course, and gives me a look. I give him a look that says 'what we have to tell her sometime' and elbow him back.

She looks between us again.

"What?" She asked and then looks again. I can tell she is curious and wants to know what's going on. Me and my mom are very similar in that way.

"Ummm," Ryder starts.

"Well, you see, ummm," I try to finish for him.

"I might of, well," This is starting to be almost funny, if we'll you know, I wasn't telling my mom that I had a kid with my brothers best friend, you know what I mean.

"Spit it out, children," She says starting to get impatient. I hear Rosie start to cry from upstairs. Dang it. Now was not a good time.

I whisper in Ryder's ear.

"I have to go get our daughter, who which, by the way has the worst timing, don't be weird and don't tell her until we are together," He smiles at the our daughter part which makes me smile to and happy inside, I don't know why.

"Oh, got to go get Rosie, hold on, ma," and with that I leave the room.

I run up the stairs pretty quickly and breath a sigh of relief. I pick up Rosie and she immediately stops crying. I then run back down to see Ryder stop sitting on the couch and my mom staring at him in confusion, still.

"I'm back, guys," I go and sit by Ryder on the coach and to my surprise Rosie reaches out and grabs for Ryder. She just met him. Maybe she feel the father/daughter bond. This makes my mom gasp. She looks between Ryder and Rosie, probably noticing the similarities between them.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," My mom says getting louder and talking faster each time.

"Ryder is Rosie's dad, how?" She says.

"Well I think you know how mom, and it doesn't need explaining," I say giving her an embarrassed look.

"Obviously, but I mean where, and we're you too together," She asks more questions.

"No, God no, it was at a party and we were both drunk, it only happened once, and will never again," I say.

"Drunk," She raises an eyebrow.

"Ummm, well.." I say.

"I'm just kidding, Beth, you're a teen, and a mom, you should know some of the things that I did as a teen, babe," my mom says with a smirk on her face.

"TMI, mom, I did not need to know that."

We smile at each other and look at Ryder playing with Rosie. They moved onto the floor and he was playing peek-a-book. We stare at them for a few moments. And then my mom ruined the moment.

"Awwww..." She says and he looks up with a red face.

"Well, unless you want your dad to find out like I did," This makes me stand up from the coach and grab Rosie.

"I really didn't want him to find out today, and especially not Matt anytime in the near future, so you better get going," I say physically trying to push him out of the door. He turns around and grabs my shoulders.

"I can come see her, right, I want to know my daughter," He says with a desperate look on his face.

"Of course you can, I can't keep you from her, and I can tell that you really want too," I say. I can tell that he wants to be a good dad. He walks out the door and gets to his car. He gives me a wave and gives a small wave to Rosie before hopping in and heading off.

Around 10 minutes later Matt and Dad get home around the same time. Good thing Ryder left. It wasn't that I was embarrassed, more scared of them to find out. Especially Matt, he's definitely scary.

The rest of the night is spent thinking, about the past, the present, and the future.