MTM.18

eighteen and envious

I shoved him away from me as though he carried a contagious plague, one that could take me out in one touch. But, that's exactly what his touch is. Yes, I was convinced. Shaking my head at him, my eyes narrowed into slits as I stared up at his playful grin. His touch was able to control me completely, he was able to infect my mind with his own memories.

The mate bond is a sickness.

Morpheus could easily get closer, even though it seemed as though I would push him farther away each time I met with him. But, we were just getting closer and closer. No matter what I did, he just wouldn't go away. I didn't understand it, and I knew I wouldn't be able to for a while.

It's always hot and cold with him.

"Do you wish to go home now?" He asked politely, like a mischievous child telling his mother, 'I didn't break it,' but in this case he really did break it, as in me. He was gradually breaking me down. He was playing with my mind as if I was a TV remote. He would press all my buttons and switch my shows. Well, not today, Satan!

"I can walk by myself just fine, thanks," I said rather dryly, and backed up once again. Huffing as I casually moseyed away, only moving a few steps. Silently, I chanted—don't follow me, don't follow me, don't follow m-

"Are you sure?" Morpheus quickly slid in behind me, his arm wrapping around my waist as he pulled my body into him. It seemed so easy for him, too easy, the way he was able to move in. The same as a sneak attack would go. His other hand latched onto my own free hand. His actions were so perfect that he practically picked me up off the ground. Continuing, he added, "I would love to walk you home."

Smooth, I thought. The feel of his thumb softly caressing the side of my hand made my stomach jump. "Don't you have like important duties or something?" I tried. "Anything better than to follow me around?"

"Not really, and besides this is a part of my important duties." His lips moved down to my hand, kissing the side of my wrist as he hummed, "This is what having a mate is supposed to be like, you must know that? It seems you are quite known around here."

Yes, I'm sure the pack members have seen me dragged around here many times before. His lips hovered over my skin, each of his words sent shivers up my spine. It was moments like this that almost made me change my mind. More like distracted me.

"Oh," I droned on as my eyes locked with his, they sparkled like emeralds, but they were too dark. His face looked the same as it was in the tomb, free, of guilt, of pain, of anything. Morpheus looked up at me so sweetly, that I almost forgot what I was doing. Where I was. Who I was with. Since when were you so weirdly dramatic? I asked myself. This is not some coffee shop romance with a man who adopts puppies. This is a man who trains wolves to kill, and this is a romance with no choice of who it is with.

I shook my head slowly, softly. "No, I-I don't think that would be good," I told him. Like he said before, rejection exists. And, I'm not going to wait around until he does it.

Everytime something wasn't going his way, his touch turned colder. Whether he meant it to or not. Morpheus towered over me as he stood up to his full height beside me, his smile twisting around and his eyes devouring me whole. The threatening aura he usually carried nearly consumed me, or at least it seemed as though it could. I tried not to think about it too much. "I don't think it would be a bad thing to let me walk with you. Did you not say you felt better with me near?"