good morning // matty

- via macabrematty on tumblr !!

//

Mornings had never been easy for you and surely had never been easy for Matty. That morning you slowly stirred awake due Matty’s lengthy body somehow managing to be holding onto you like a koala, you could never understand how somebody so small was able to take up so much space but here Matty was, doing just that. “Baby.” You coo’d, pushing back a few curls that had matted down on his forehead from sleeping in an awkward position and sweating. Matty just grumbled and nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, enjoying the comfortable position and you really didn’t have it in you to forcefully move him. You ran your fingers through whatever parts of his hair granted you leeway, which really meant you just massaged his scalp after a couple of attempts at running his fingers through his thick curls that wouldn’t budge. Slowly, Matty stirred and slowly opened his eyes as he listened to your heartbeat, he loved the steady beating, it always calmed him down but then again, everything you did gave him a sense of calm and made him happy to just be in your presence. “Mornin’ love.” Matty mumbled in his rough accent, his lips pressing a couple wet kisses onto the smooth skin of your neck. His movement carried no hidden meaning, just a gentle thank you for the soft awakening. He slowly moved your positions, mumbling sweet thank you’s as he pulled you onto his chest, laying your head near his heart as he wrapped his arms around your body, loving how well you just seemed to fit in his arms. “You’re so adorable in the mornings with your pink little cheeks.” He hummed, running the pad of his thumb over your cheek before leaning down and pressing a little kiss to the tip of your nose, his eyes still on you as he watched your nose crinkle in protest of his sloppy little morning kisses. “Why are you bein’ so sweet this morning?” You laughed softly and placed your hand on his chest, running over his smooth skin, feeling his breath fill and leave his lungs. “Tryin’ to get you agree to sleeping in a bit later with me, s’all.” He mumbled against your hair, and who were you to disagree with that?