3.

⚫

"Don't create a scene here.", I say to her as I see picking herself up, after she spotted me at the entrance of the restroom.

"Before you interrupt sir, this is the ladies restroom. You're not supposed to be here even if you own the buil...."

"Don't show me that attitude. I am not my dad!", I interrupted her and exit the restroom.

This girl got an attitude.

I instantly called dad.
"Dad! I am firing your assistant."
"Good morning to you too son!", He replied in a sleepy voice.
"Did you hear anything...!?"
"What did you do, that she counter-attacked and your ego got bruised, and now you want to fire her!?"
I was angry in an instant, "Dad are you sure I am your son!?"
He laughed at that, "You should ask your mum!"
"I am not joking dad. You know what she slept in my cabin. And I don't know with whom!"
"Are you sure it's not you!"
"Dad! Have you even seen her!?"
"You can't deny she's beautiful."
I huffed in annoyance.
My dad is not my dad!

Then all of a sudden he became serious, "See Eric! Erica is one of the best employees I have had in the forty years of my career. She's diligent, hard working, intelligent. You'll have to bear with her. You must be the future CEO, but she's among the ones who make you work efficiently. You yourself will see that. And about firing her, you can do that after I die."
"Dad.. "
"No Eric! I don't give you the power to fire Erica unless you prove that she's not doing her work properly. And yeah, see her work and you'll wonder why is she working as a assistant when she can do much better."
"Dad do one thing, why don't you make her the CEO!?"
"I'll think about that. I am sure she'll handle it well.", He said playfully and I ended the call irritated.

I sat on my chair and resumed my work.

After about half an hour, that girl returned, all dressed up new and fresh.
I don't know why dad is so obsessed about her.

Without saying anything, she started arranging the left over files at their place.

Once done, she went out.

"Send in a coffee.", I texted her remembering I still haven't had one.

"Sure Sir!", came an instant reply.

And then after few minutes, she came in with the coffee. And a tray!?
She kept it down beside me, and then I saw it had sandwich and oats.

"I didn't ask for that...", I pointed out pushing the tray away.
"Sir James says it's unhealthy to have caffeine empty stom...."
I stop her, "I know!"

She stopped and stood at a distance from the table.
She knows better than that maid.

Dad is so confident about her because he made her do a good homework on me. But he doesn't know, that stuff I don't like, is thrown out of the window, without a second thought.