Coming Back

Walking through the big city, you knew exactly where you were going and were determined to get there. You did not need to pay attention because your feet automatically knew the route you were taking. A tiny cafe called Serenity that was nestled between a bookstore and an office building was already in sight, however once your eyes settled on it you stopped dead in your tracks.
Memories of this place rushed through your mind. Some time before you picked up the box and before everything went haywire you used to work here. Long days spent behind the counter or in the prep kitchen with your best friend Frankie. Flashbacks of joking around on slow days or long chats while cleaning up the bar forced themselves into your mind. However that was all before the incident. Suddenly those happy memories bathed in warm light changed, morphing into the dark images of what you had to endure and pushing your mind into panic. Blinking your eyes and shaking your head to get rid of the wretched imagery, second thoughts began to emerge. Is it really a good idea to relive everything by going in there? Serenity was the place where you had to experience the lowest moment of your life, the incident that changed you forever. After the event that occurred you didn't want to work there anymore, the smell of coffee and pastries that used to be comforting now made you sick to your stomach as it only served as a reminder of that horrid night.
Still, it has been a long time, and while your head was in the clouds this is where your heart brought you, maybe it could be good to get some closure... Clutching your bag closer to you, you hesitantly opened the door, the familiar sound of the bell greeting you. The person behind the counter looked up and inhaled sharply once he saw your face.
"(Y/n)...!" Frankie spoke, his hazel eyes widening in surprise as his freckled face twisted in shock. You were the definitely the last person he expected to see.
"Frankie... Hi." You spoke trying to keep your voice from shaking.
Although you never really spoke about it, things have changed since the incident, because Frankie also knew what happened. You only stayed at Serenity for a week after and neither of you brought up the topic, still too shocked to admit it happened, and after you left, you completely lost touch. But here he was right in front of you, staring at you wide eyed.

Sebastian POV
I watched as my master paced around the living room. It had been settled the best possible decision was to just wait for (y/n)s return and not go anywhere, so that is what we were doing. Prince Soma's crying has reduced to slight sniffles as Agni held a handkerchief in his hand, always ready to aid his Prince.
I however had more important things to consider like where my kitten could have been, and how I was going to make her mine when she came back. In truth I have noticed that some others have already either caught on to what she was or developed feelings for the beauty blindly, so it was fair to say that there was some heavy competition for me if I wanted her to be mine. Of course it was nothing that I couldn't handle, in fact what kind of butler would I be if I couldn't capture the heart of this gorgeous creature.

Normal POV
The atmosphere in the house was tense, and Alois was getting increasingly worried as the day morphed into late evening with no sign of you returning. Part of him blamed everyone else for not letting him sleep with you that night because he knew that if he was there, there would be no way you could have disappeared from him.
Suddenly his train of thoughts was interrupted as the key in the front door began to turn. All of the men fell silent as their breath hitches in expectation. The door finally opened to reveal you standing there. Soon you were on the floor due to Grell tackling you in a hug as his waterworks began to work in there. After the initial shock of your return the room got loud as the men fought for your attention with proclamations of missing you or accusations of you leaving them. The house was in complete chaos and you definitely needed to take back the power.
"Woah! Guys! Can you let me talk please!" You said raising your voice, everyone quieted down as Grell tried to reduce his loud sobs to tasteful sniffles and Alois continued to hang on to your waist as he put his head on your shoulder heaving a deep sigh and Soma continued to pet your hair while he muttered his 'thank you's' to his gods in his native language for bringing you back safely.
"Yes! I would like you to explain where you disappear to for an entire day without telling us!" Accused Ciel pointedly as he glared in your direction. Secretly he was very elated that you were now back safe and sound, but he could never let those around him see the weakness he had for you, although he was certain Sebastian already knew about it.
"I don't have to ask your permission every time I leave the house! This is MY house! I can come and go as I please!" You said stubbornly raising your voice.
"Milady what my master is trying to say is that you had deeply worried us when we discovered you were gone. We thought that something may have happened to you." Sebastian supported Ciel.
"Why did you leave me!?" Alois joined in hugging you closer to him as if afraid you will disappear right in his grasp.
"I did not mean to worry you guys... I just needed to go and pay someone a visit..." your voice got quieter as you spoke, "anyway I brought a box of pastries and cakes from this bakery! I got them as a gift, you're welcome to them while I go and change!" You said perking up again as you peeled Alois and Grell off of you.
Being left alone again the men picked up the large white box that you had brought with you. Inside they found a multitude of delectable and beautifully decorated pastries and on top of them all a plain white envelope. It was addressed to you and the men watched intently as Claude carefully picked it up off of the pastries.
"Should we read it?" Asked Soma debating what was the right thing to do at the moment. On one hand it was your private business what was in that letter since it was addressed directly to you, but he couldn't help but wonder who could have written it and why. Soma's heart clenched at the thought of another man writing to you and having your attention, and with that his inhibitions went out of the window and the need to know the contents of the letter were overpowering his will to respect your privacy.
"I want to know who is writing letters to my dear (y/n)!" proclaimed Alois earning glares from the men around the room.
Without too much further discussion, Claude opened the envelope as the men finally took a look at the neat handwriting within it.

'To (Y/n),
I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for letting what happened that night happen to you. I'm sorry for all the suffering that it put you through and I could never be sorry enough. I know how hard it must have been to come back today, I understand that this place doesn't make you feel safe anymore and I understand that I don't make you feel safe. I wish you would come and visit me though, I miss you. I used to have you so close to me but now it feels like we are miles apart and I know it's my fault. I wanted to know if I could fix things, if there was anything at all I could do to have you back in my life again? Still, it seems to me that I have lost all your trust and now I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for what happened that night in May.
-Frankie'

Just as the men finished reading the letter, they heard your voice from the doorway.
"What are you doing?"