Chapter 53

Edited by: OneIndianWriter

_________________________________

Kavya's Pov:

I pressed my eyes shut reciting the Mantra the pandit just taught us and prayed for a healthy life for my uncle. He didn't deserve the pain he was going through, even though he did nothing to me but stood aside and watched his wife ill-treating me, he was a good man by his heart. He wasn't as greedy as his wife, but yet he didn't stand up for me. Maybe he was not strong enough to oppose his wife or maybe deep down in his heart he too believed that I deserved the abuses that's why he had been silent. But still, I remember how I used to beg him to help me get out of the tortures, he instead chose to stay out of it. Anyway, not just him, no one deserves the pain he is in now. May God bless him a painless recovery.

I frowned when I felt like I was being watched. I couldn't shake the feeling of having someone's eyes staring at me. I peeped open one of my eyes to see it's none other than Parth. As soon as I opened my eyes, he smiled brightly showing off his pearl white teeth. We are almost at the end of Pooja, but this man thinks gawking at me is better than praying for my uncle. I glared at him and signaled him to pray, but he shook his head pouting his pink lips before blowing a kiss to my direction. I gasped at his action, he grinned even more.

After squinting my eyes at him, I looked to my right to see Rudhya with her eyes shut pretending to pray. Prayers, long Poojas, meditation are not her things, in short, she can't be there where she has to shut her mouth and maintain silence. I nudged her shoulder, she looked up at me quizzically, I motioned her to look at Parth who is now looking between us alternatively. Rudhya smirked when she caught Parth flirting with me during the Pooja instead of praying. She blew him a kiss with a wink which made him instantly press his eyes shut. We both silently giggled and went back to complete the rest of the Pooja.

He literally became a drama queen this morning. In fact, sometimes, I wonder if he is the same Parth Samthaan I am married to.

Flashback

"Baby girl, is there any other way?", he whined with his hands on his hip, his eyes hopelessly staring at the Veshti in my hand. From the moment he heard he had to wear Veshti to the temple, he didn't stop whining. It's like having a three old girl, note: not a boy, a girl.

"Come on, you will be okay. It's just a piece of cloth. It won't bite you in your ass. Now shut the hell up and stand straight."

His eyes widened at the tone I used on him but kept his mouth shut. Because he knows better than playing with my angry mode. Holy mother of god, did the creator forget to use his measurement when he made my husband? Because this man stands above freaking 6 feet. Maybe 7 feet? Ugh!

His eyes curiously watching me as I unfolded the Veshti with royal blue vertical stripes at the ends of the cloth, and two horizontal stripes highlighting the major color white. I held the two ends of the Veshti in my hands and placed one end vertically along his left leg.

"Hold it tight."

He silently held it tight as I brought another end around him which currently reached his right leg, I tucked the cloth in but froze when he loudly gasped.