Class reunion

Lapis POV

We all stood there, silent for a moment, pumpkin and kitten awoken by all the commotion, yawning and stretching then looking at all four of us with tilted heads in confusion. Lapis broke the silence "Hi ..." She waved awkwardly greeting me and the others then Amethyst butted in "Oh ho ho Lapis this cutie is your roommate, I'm jealous that you get to have Peridot-" .

Wait a minute, did she just say Peridot? My peridot? No, it can't be.
As I felt my heart felt like it skipped a beat at the soon mention of that name. But- , maybe it's another Peridot..- could it really be MY peridot?

"Pe-Peri...dot?" My voice slightly in a whisper with a gasp as I stepped closer to the blonde girl. I then realized something I didn't quite pay attention to earlier equipped to her wrist was a black and blue string infused bracelet with an Lapis Lazuli pendant hanging from it. I gently grabbed her wrist holding her hand palm side up, brushing my fingers across the strings of the bracelet. Trying to wrap my mind around the situation.

Peridot POV

Cutie?..wait..did Amethyst just say, LAPIS!? I stared at the bluenette in front of me, I felt my heart stop, it didn't but it literally felt like time had frozen and this moment in place, my mouth slightly hung open in an gasp, trying to wrap my head around this situation, Is it really Lapis?! I mean- I wouldn't have noticed ! She's changed..so much- and I really miss- I felt my mind go blank of thoughts now as the bluenette now identified as my long ago childhood friend Lapis, approached me now with the same expression as mine "Pe-Peri..dot" she whispered but I could still hear, the shock in her voice her softened expression. now standing in front of me she took me by the wrist placing my hand palm side up as she gently held it one hand cup under an the other she softly brushed her fingers across the strings of my bracelet. I didn't notice before and how could I? Who could blame me. I noticed a green and black string infused bracelet with a peridot pendant dangling from her wrist as well. I finally regain myself "Lapis...is that...really you?" My voice abkve a whisper an expression of hope and disbelief. We locked eyes for a brief moment but if felt like forever.

"Uhm did we miss something here?" Amethyst interrupted and Pearl still with a puzzled expression but also interested and amused.

Third person pov ( I don't do this often)

Lapis and Peridot both stood there still in the moment of awe, shock, hope and disbelief of this fated encounter of long time childhood friendship, they both realized they could not have possibly noticed each other because they changed so much over the time span. Lapis eyes started to mist over and glisten with tears it almost made her eyes sparkle, this reaction started to cause Peridot eyes to glisten over with dew too "PERIDOT!" Lapis cried wrapping her arms around Peridots neck pulling her into a tight embrace, peridot gasped, suffocated under the embrace but she didn't care she was finally reunited with her best friend after so long, thinking they both forgotten one another. And this moment was worth it as she wrapped her arms around Lapis waist pulling her into an equally as smothering hug "Lapis..." She sniffled and cried finally they held each other like that for a long while. She wore the bracelet, she kept her promise, she never forgotten me...they both thought in unison.

Lapis POV

"I really can't believe it's you Peridot- I...you just- changed so much .." i sniffled smiling big wiping away a tear.

"well I can say the same for you Lazuli, you look- you look really good!" Peridot scratched the back of her neck, slightly blushing. I blushed from this compliment "You two...heh heh" she chuckles nervously, a long awkward pause.

"So your dog?" Peridot asked pointing to pumpkin who was still sitting there confused yet happily wagging her tail.
"Yeah? And your cat obviously? " I motioned towards the kitten who was also sitting next to pumpkin still as confused. "Yeah... BCU is strict about animals unless of important need so I registered kitten as a emotional support cat" Peridot shrugged "Me too, well except pumpkin is an dog not cat..uhm" more awkward silence as I noticed I was still holding Peridots hand "s-sorry!" I let go a deeper blush on my face.

"uhm...hello? Is anyone gonna explain what the hell is going on here!" Amethyst interjected flailing her arms up, because we all but forgotten about those two. Since it was not too late we all decided to hang out in Peridot and I dorm, explaining from the beginning of how Peridot and I met, an that we been childhood friends. I didn't explain to Peridot about Jasper but how I came to be friends with Amethyst and Pearl an that we all worked together. We all had a good time, reconnecting an having good conversations and Amethyst telling funny stories about our job at the coffee shop. It felt so good to finally have her back in my life. "And then so like I put fire salt on his fries and said here have some, they're really HOT" ahahahaha! Amethyst slapped her knees, Pearl chuckled and I snorted , Peridot did this laugh which was kinda weird but cute , wait cute? Lapis no! I mentally slapped myself. After that it was 11PM, Amethyst and Pearl left, and tomorrow will mark our first day of college.